Award-winning TiMi Studio Group seeks a Visual Design Director to develop a AAA, open-world game based on a new IP. The project will be released on multiple platforms, with an objective to reach a global audience. As a Visual Design Director, you role will be to define the direction of all graphic design elements complementing the Art and Creative direction of the game.
TiMi Montreal is a new studio within TiMi Studio Group, a subsidiary of Tencent Games. We are passionate about creating compelling worlds for players to explore for years to come. Are you someone who loves participating in building new worlds, understands what captivates players, and cares deeply about gaming as a medium? Are you ready to channel your passion and energy into creating expansive open world games for global audiences? If you are excited about creating experiences that connect with millions of players. Then, come join us in our ambitious endeavor.
What will you do?
The Visual Design Director works closely with the directors group to define a coherent UI visual language that meets our user needs and resonates with our fantasy .
They contribute to the overall design process and the definition of the art direction of the game, establishing a style guide that lays out a clear framework for all our graphic design elements and communications.
- Conceptualize, Communicate and Direct the visual style of the game’s UI signature.
- Work with all the directors to set and maintain visual excellence in our game UI and our communication materials.
- Supervise iteration of the game’s graphic design and maintain the vision through iterations.
- Oversee the creation of templates and guidelines for communication materials
- Collaborate with brand team and third parties to create and ensure the quality of marketing assets
What we are looking for:
- At least 5 years of professional AAA game development experience in the creation and direction of User Interfaces.
- A portfolio of delivered AAA games or other digital experiences.
- Ability to motivate and inspire others.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Experience working with brands and developing guidelines.
What is in it for you?
Create new worlds for players to explore, experience and enjoy: At TiMi Montreal, we see everyone as a game developer. Join a team of industry veterans to create engaging and innovative experiences that players will enjoy for years to come. Share your passion, your ideas and take initiative to increase our product’s quality.
Deliver AAA multi-platform games with ample resources and support: TiMi is dedicated to bringing incredible game experiences to players. As one of the most successful studios in the world, TiMi has what it takes to produce a AAA game. We wish to empower all game developers to reach their full potential.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Tencent:
Diversity, equity and inclusion are important, interdependent components of our workplace. As an equal opportunity employer, we firmly believe that diverse voices fuel our innovation and allow us to better serve our users and the community. We foster an environment where every employee of Tencent feels supported and inspired to achieve individual and common goals.