Award-winning TiMi Studio Group seeks a Senior Technical UI Designer to develop a AAA, open-world game based on a new IP. The project will be released on multiple platforms, with an objective to reach a global audience. As a Senior Technical UI Designer, you will work closely with teams of experts to deliver an outstanding AAA player experience.
TiMi Montreal is a new studio within TiMi Studio Group, a subsidiary of Tencent Games. We are passionate about creating compelling worlds for players to explore for years to come. Are you someone who loves participating in building new worlds, understands what captivates players, and cares deeply about gaming as a medium ? Are you ready to channel your passion and energy into creating expansive open world games for global audiences? If you are excited about creating experiences that connect with millions of players. Then, come join us in our ambitious endeavor.
What will you do?
The Senior Technical UI Designer works in collaboration with our User Interface Director to design and implement intuitive and delightful UI flows.
Autonomous and detail oriented, they prototype and implement Signs & Feedback, UI & Menu elements that match our Art Direction and Technical Direction.
They are comfortable working in multidisciplinary groups. They work closely with engineers, bringing technical expertise to create complex in engine UI systems and improve the UI pipeline.
- Work closely with other UI Designers, UX Designers and engineers to develop production workflow within the latest Unreal Engine.
- Create and maintain a framework of UI components that is used across our game using visual scripting and in engine data.
- Craft and iterate on high-fidelity prototypes and polished designs to enhance player interactions and immersion.
- Work with UX designers to visualize various interface solutions.
- Work with art leadership to achieve desired visual direction and ensure consistency.
- Identify and solve issues and push for improvements in the UI workflow.
- Participate in feature creation with cross-disciplinary teams (Gameplay, Animation, Sound, VFX, Level Design …) to deliver coherent and compelling player experiences.
What we are looking for:
- At least 5 years of experience as a UI Technical Designer on the production of a AAA Game
- A portfolio of delivered projects, games or other digital experiences.
- Proficiency in multiple design and prototyping tools (Figma, Photoshop, After Effects, Unreal, Unity…)
- Solid understanding of Game Engine UI Framework & Ecosystem including (but not limited to) - Materials, VFX, Shaders, Scripting …
- Proficiency in micro-interaction animations and screens transition.
- Strong problem-solving, analytical, strategic, and troubleshooting skills.
- Having a secondary field of expertise such as 3D modeling, Illustration or programmation is a plus.
- Curious about learning and implementing new technologies based on industry trends
What is in it for you?
Create new worlds for players to explore, experience and enjoy: At TiMi Montreal, we see everyone as a game developer. Join a team of industry veterans to create engaging and innovative experiences that players will enjoy for years to come. Share your passion, your ideas and take initiative to increase our product’s quality.
Deliver AAA multi-platform games with ample resources and support: TiMi is dedicated to bringing incredible game experiences to players. As one of the most successful studios in the world, TiMi has what it takes to produce a AAA game. We wish to empower all game developers to reach their full potential.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Tencent:
Diversity, equity and inclusion are important, interdependent components of our workplace. As an equal opportunity employer, we firmly believe that diverse voices fuel our innovation and allow us to better serve our users and the community. We foster an environment where every employee of Tencent feels supported and inspired to achieve individual and common goals.