Tencent is looking for an experienced and resourceful affiliate marketing expert for its gaming e-commerce platform to be based in Amsterdam. This role will be responsible for researching, connecting and collaborating with diversified local marketing partners to expand our gamers reach.
The ideal candidate has an easy-going personality coupled with a strong work ethic. Within teams this person will be proactive, collaborative, holding others accountable, sharing credit for wins, and working together to elevate each other's strengths. The ideal candidate shall have a background in affiliate/partner marketing, specifically in video games marketing or publishing.
About Tencent Midas Team
Midas is all about helping global game developers and publishers to create a better connection with more global gamers therefore strengthen their monetization capability with the Midas video game commerce infrastructure. Midas offers service like Midasbuy shop and Midaspay payment.
- Final responsible for user growth across Europe
- Build a holistic cross-market and cross-product strategic marketing partnerships strategy
- Responsible for the cooperation with European marketing platform partners such as Media, Social Network, offline network flow channels & Teleco companies etc., setting business goals & making plans as well as the implementation & monitoring.
- Mapping traffic of game industry across Europe. Develop and execute media plan with affiliate marketing as focus, select and build partnerships with marketing partners who could maximize the performance
- Build & maintain the relevant marketing functionalities in EU for Gaming E-Commerce and Payment platform to make sure hitting the business targets. Work together with shop product & development team to ensure fluent partner integration if necessary
- Constantly optimizing operation result with integrated marketing partners
- Ability to handle a client-facing meeting, and provide customized European marketing strategy
- Ensure that merchants derive maximum value from their investment in Midas
- Conduct refined market research on industry or geographic trends in regard to products, netflow, customer behavior etc. and bring up & execute continuing enhancement plan.
- 5 years working experience in Game or Payment industry in Europe
- Logical thinking, Sensitive to numbers, strong team spirit, troubleshooting ability.
- Established track record of driving user growth in game industry through affiliate marketing
- Experienced in driving user growth utilizing owned/earned/paid media
- Ability to successfully participate in projects involving cross-functional teams
- Must have a passion for games and/or prior experience in the game industry
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, mandarin will be considered a plus
- Strong customer service/interpersonal skills as well as strong negotiation skills
- Effective time management skills and excellent attention to detail
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communication, Business, Economics, or related experience
- Ability to travel up to 30%
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Tencent:
Diversity, equity and inclusion are important, interdependent components of our workplace. As an equal opportunity employer, we firmly believe that diverse voices fuel our innovation and allow us to better serve our users and the community. We foster an environment where every employee of Tencent feels supported and inspired to achieve individual and common goals.