Tencent is a world-leading internet and technology company that develops innovative products and services to improve the quality of life of people around the world. Founded in 1998 with its headquarters in Shenzhen China, our guiding principle is to use technology for good.
We are not only a major video game publisher in the world, we also produce other high-quality digital content, enriching interactive entertainment experiences for people around the globe. We offer a range of services such as cloud computing, advertising, FinTech, and other enterprise services to support our clients' digital transformation and business growth.
We are now looking for Accounting Interns for our Overseas Finance Centre in Singapore. This role would suit an ambitious accounting undergraduates who has great interests in starting his/her accounting career in General Ledger and/or Accounts Receivable fields in accordance to the assigned portfolios. The suitable candidates should be able to commit for a full-time internship for at least 3 months with an immediate availability.
What you will do in your day-to-day life
General Ledger & Reporting
- IFRS accounting plus Local GAAP adjustment, including preparation of journal entries
- Manage GL activities i.e. asset registers, intercompany transaction, loan/borrowing, payroll and employee entitlement etc., Be responsible for the completeness and punctuality of month/year-end closing
- Assist in financial master data, general ledger, including balance sheet reconciliation and analysis
- Ensure compliance with accounting standards, best practices and local government regulations
- Liaise with a variety of departments and key stakeholders in the business to ensure accurate financial reporting
- Prepare financial reporting packages, investigate variances, and respond to enquiries
- Work with auditor, ensure the delivery of accurate and timely completion of local statutory report, note analysis, appendices, and relevant Board papers
- Provide support and/or attend management board meetings relating to financial report approvals
- Process inbound payments and accurately reconcile payments on customers’ accounts in a timely and efficient manner
- Manage claims/disputes and credit notes to ensure timely resolution
- Prepare monthly AR reporting, review the aged account, evaluate credit risks, and suggest solutions aimed to mitigate the risk exposure
- Liaise with customers and Account Managers to manage customer outcomes
- Review of Customer Master Data perform timely maintenance work as required
- Ensure the accuracy of rebates including accruals, settlement, and analyst. Investigate variances and respond to enquiries
- Allocate revenue to correct G/L accounts, and be responsible for the analysis of revenue related P&L and B/S accounts
What you will bring into the team
- Undergraduate / Post Graduate students in Accountancy or its equivalents
- Good understanding of IFRS and financial statement disclosures
- Strong ability to apply accounting skills in a practical manner to achieve problem identification / resolution
- Strong analytical ability, verbal and written communication skills, including presentation experience
- Ability to prioritise, meet strict deadlines and have high attention to detail
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with key stakeholders
- Professional work ethic, strong personal integrity and stewardship
- Ability to work autonomously and in a team, show initiative and be self-motivated
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Tencent:
Diversity, equity and inclusion are important, interdependent components of our workplace. As an equal opportunity employer, we firmly believe that diverse voices fuel our innovation and allow us to better serve our users and the community. We foster an environment where every employee of Tencent feels supported and inspired to achieve individual and common goals.