We are expanding our internal control Team globally and are seeking experienced Internal Control Managers to join our team. The new role will be based in Palo Alto or Los Angeles to meet the growing needs of Tencent overseas businesses.
Risk areas covered by this role marketing activities, media expenses, PR spends, content and design, sponsorships, licensing business, as well as, privacy and data protection, compliance with regulations and policies, information security, business continuity, and process automation, among others.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work independently but collaborate with our IC teams in Shenzhen/Singapore to perform risk assessments and advisory projects across diverse businesses covering financial, operational, IT and compliance risks
- Plan and scope internal control/advisory projects, execute project plans, facilitate business responses and action items
- Coordinate, lead or facilitate multiple stakeholders to agree on appropriate solutions and verify that risks are mitigated appropriately. We value creativity, insight, agile thinking, and sound business judgment
Who we are looking for
- BA in Economics, Accounting, Engineering, Finance, IT or similar fields
- 5+ years of experience with Internal Control, Auditing, or Consulting
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English, additional language capabilities would be advantageous
- Perform well as an individual contributor, quickly learn our business and build relationships with business stakeholders
- Able to understand complex business processes, deal with high degree of ambiguity and prioritize findings and recommendations in tune with our corporate strategy
- Good analytical skills, solid business judgment, strong communication skill, and the capability to influence the organization to the right results
- Demonstrate strong project management skills to coordinate internal controls and business resources and multiple projects at once
Founded in November, 1998, Tencent is a leading provider of Internet value added services in China. Since its establishment, Tencent has maintained steady growth under its user-oriented operating strategies. On June 16, 2004, Tencent Holdings Limited (SEHK 700) went public on the main board of the Hong Kong Stock Exchange. Tencent is focused on bringing high-quality and engaging internet services and entertainment to its users. In China, Tencent is the largest publisher of online games and we work together with world-renown developers such as Activision, Epic Games, Halfbrick Studios, King, and Riot Games.
About Tencent America
Tencent America is the US branch of Tencent, a leading provider of Internet services in China. Among the key areas are investments, gaming, artificial intelligence, cloud services, entertainment, and internet services. Some of our partner companies and brands are WeChat, QQ, Tencent Cloud, Activision, Epic Games, Halfbrick Studios, King, and Riot Games. Our US headquarters is in Palo Alto and we have other offices in New York, Los Angeles and Seattle. Our growth strategy is focused on attracting the best people and creating an amazing work atmosphere that balances the energy of a start-up with the resources of a global innovation leader. As a Chinese company which is pursuing new markets and growing rapidly in the US, we maintain an entrepreneurial spirit and open mindset. If you are eager to do groundbreaking work in a friendly, cross-cultural environment, we can provide unparalleled stability, resources, access to more than a billion users, and an international perspective. If you, like us, are ambitious and self-driven, we invite you to explore Tencent America. Come join us and explore the power of human connection!
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Tencent:
Diversity, equity and inclusion are important, interdependent components of our workplace. As an equal opportunity employer, we firmly believe that diverse voices fuel our innovation and allow us to better serve our users and the community. We foster an environment where every employee of Tencent feels supported and inspired to achieve individual and common goals.