Tencent Cloud is seeking a customer facing Senior Cloud Solution Architect with extensive project consulting/implementation experience on at least one of the major public cloud platforms, plus full stack design and delivery skills. This senior SA role will work with the sales team closely to provide full lifecycle support for our customers, which could include understanding the customers’ business use cases, collecting the technical requirements, providing technical architecture recommendations based on Tencent Cloud/industry best practice, assisting implementation and deployment in customers QA and/or production environments, as well as issue trouble-shooting when necessary.
Having worked extensively as a solutions consultant, the right candidate will excel at working with customers to. They will collaboratively define prioritized implementation plans, ensure that the customer's own engineering and business teams consider all key cloud related critical path actions (such as access controls, private/public network separation, and data replication/recovery zones, etc.), and define the necessary functional test and integration requirements,. They will have led the successful delivery completion of multiple multi availability zone, cross region, PaaS based implementations, and in the delivery of handover documentation to stakeholder groups throughout each project stage.
Based in Palo Alto, CA, this person will work closely with the local sales, solutions, and technical teams, to service the global project pipeline. At the same time, they will also proactively define industry level solutions, combining Tencent and third party products, to enable wider service adoption.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Become a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in the Tencent Cloud Platform Architecture
- Present Tencent Cloud solutions to customer side stakeholders from first line engineers to C-level executives
- Lead customer architecture design proposals and implementation delivery
- Lead initiatives to integrate third party products and services to achieve design goals
- Develop relationships with China based product team and collectively engage feature teams
- Partner with US based SRE and SE teams, feeding back project experiences and learnings
Who we are looking for:
- You love working with customers on big projects, realizing ideas, building services, and unlocking the potential of new technology!
- You are collaborative, independent, insistent, flexible, and open minded. And you see no conflict in any of these things.
- You are knowledgeable, resourceful and show initiative. You always keep the customer’s objectives in mind.
- You are positive by nature, a great team player, and both dependable and autonomous.
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher), Computer Science, Mathematics, or related science or engineering major
- 5+ years’ experience as a Cloud Solutions Architect, comprehensive understanding of common IaaS (e.g. Compute, Storage, Networking esp. CDN, etc.), PaaS (e.g. DB/Big Data, Container/K8S, etc.) services and products is required
- Have experience/knowledge in at least 2 of the below areas:
- Cloud migration from on-prem to the cloud, or from one cloud to another;
- Information Security esp. security practice and services in the cloud;
- Some knowledge of the most popular SaaS products on the market;
- Certification in one or more of Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Microsoft Azure is highly preferred;
- Self-driven and self-motivated;
- Customer oriented, and could work at a very fast pace;
- Lateral and logical troubleshooting, follow-through and problem-solving skills, resourcefulness, attention to detail, and communication skills, both verbal and written
Founded in November, 1998, Tencent is a leading provider of Internet value added services in China. Since its establishment, Tencent has maintained steady growth under its user-oriented operating strategies. On June 16, 2004, Tencent Holdings Limited (SEHK 700) went public on the main board of the Hong Kong Stock Exchange. Tencent is focused on bringing high-quality and engaging internet services and entertainment to its users. In China, Tencent is the largest publisher of online games and we work together with world-renown developers such as Activision, Epic Games, Halfbrick Studios, King, and Riot Games.
About Tencent America
Tencent America is the US branch of Tencent, a leading provider of Internet services in China. Among the key areas are investments, gaming, artificial intelligence, cloud services, entertainment, and internet services. Some of our partner companies and brands are WeChat, QQ, Tencent Cloud, Activision, Epic Games, Halfbrick Studios, King, and Riot Games. Our US headquarters is in Palo Alto and we have other offices in New York, Los Angeles and Seattle. Our growth strategy is focused on attracting the best people and creating an amazing work atmosphere that balances the energy of a start-up with the resources of a global innovation leader. As a Chinese company which is pursuing new markets and growing rapidly in the US, we maintain an entrepreneurial spirit and open mindset. If you are eager to do groundbreaking work in a friendly, cross-cultural environment, we can provide unparalleled stability, resources, access to more than a billion users, and an international perspective. If you, like us, are ambitious and self-driven, we invite you to explore Tencent America. Come join us and explore the power of human connection!
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Tencent:
Diversity, equity and inclusion are important, interdependent components of our workplace. As an equal opportunity employer, we firmly believe that diverse voices fuel our innovation and allow us to better serve our users and the community. We foster an environment where every employee of Tencent feels supported and inspired to achieve individual and common goals.