Team Kaiju seeks a talented Software Engineer who can help us build the next blockbuster game for gaming communities around the world.
We are looking for an engineer who wants to make fun games to be played and enjoyed for years to come. The team is passionate about players and listening to their feedback to create new, compelling experiences. Are you someone who is engaged with players, understands what keeps them engaged and cares deeply about gaming as a medium? Are you ready to channel your passion and energy into creating long-lasting fun games for global audiences? Then, come join us on our ambitious endeavor to create extraordinary games.
- Create game systems that are easy to tune and fun for the player
- Collaborate with other engineers to build sustainably
- Iteratively improve core game systems like inventories, game modes, items, weapons, etc.
- Support designers and artists, helping bring their vision to life
- Write clear, maintainable, portable code that adheres to a well-documented coding standard
- Embrace a growth mindset, ask for help, and gain new skills: “Be brave, not perfect”
- Proficiency with C, C++
- Experience with a variety of core gameplay systems
- Demonstrated ability to prototype and iterate in collaboration with others
- Experience building games in a cross-discipline team environment
- Desire for feedback to become a better developer
- Solid communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Experience in Unreal Engine
What is in it for you?
Create blockbuster games with ample resources and support:
Bring incredible game ideas to players around the world with the support of one of the most successful studios in the world. We are backed by TiMi Studio Group, who has developed some of the most popular games worldwide.
Develop for global audiences and make an impression on the entire industry:
Join Team Kaiju in making games as part of an ambitious, talented, and seasoned team.
Support passionate communities at a global scale:
Join a team that cares about players and wants to reward their passion through openness, risk-taking, and novel game design. Help create the next great community of players that connect across borders, backgrounds, and cultures.
The base pay range for this position in Washington is $90,750 to $181,500 per year.
Actual pay is based on market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign on payment, relocation package, and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, as well as other medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the specific position offered.
Employees (and their families) are covered by medical, dental, vision, and basic life insurance.
Employees are also able to enroll in the Company’s 401(k) plan, 15-25 days of vacation leave per year (Vacation hours accrued based on years of service）, 12 days of paid holidays, and 10 days of paid sick leave.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Tencent:
Diversity, equity and inclusion are important, interdependent components of our workplace. As an equal opportunity employer, we firmly believe that diverse voices fuel our innovation and allow us to better serve our users and the community. We foster an environment where every employee of Tencent feels supported and inspired to achieve individual and common goals.