Tencent is a world-leading internet and technology company that develops innovative products and services to improve the quality of life of people around the world.
Founded in 1998 with its headquarters in Shenzhen, China, Tencent's guiding principle is to use technology for good. Our communication and social services connect more than one billion people around the world, helping them to keep in touch with friends and family, access transportation, pay for daily necessities, and even be entertained.
Tencent also publishes some of the world's most popular video games and other high-quality digital content, enriching interactive entertainment experiences for people around the globe.
Tencent also offers a range of services such as cloud computing, advertising, FinTech, and other enterprise services to support our client's digital transformation and business growth.
Tencent has been listed on the Stock Exchange of Hong Kong since 2004.
Role & Responsibilities
- Oversee all aspects of HR, focusing on localization efforts and ensuring a best in class employee life-cycle experience while overseeing aligning between HR strategy and overall business plans.
- Partner closely with country GM, Region and HQ to roll out people initiatives, particularly Talent & Culture building and HR Compliance.
- Advise the leadership team on management issues and effectively implements new or improved programs, policies, and processes to mitigate risk.
- Be the point of contact for all HR operational matters, such as performance, conduct, capability, and provide the necessary support to ensure the issues are managed in line with company policy, best practice and current legislation.
- Ensure the efficient administration of all staff systems from onboarding to departure.
- Manage a long-term planning of HR budget and project planning for more efficient HR delivery.
- Monitor and ensure the organization's compliance with local employment laws, regulations, and recommended best practices; review and modify policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Process visa application for the employees and selected candidates, as and when required.
- Responsible for administration management and liaise with staff, suppliers and clients.
- Organize company events, conferences and induction programs for new employees.
- Handle Ad-hoc HR and office admin projects and any other tasks assigned by the HQ or Regional HR & Admin Head.
- 5-8 years' experience or above in HR management or HR & Admin integrated experience the U.K.
- Fluency in English is a must; Chinese Mandarin is a strong advantage.
- Strong awareness and knowledge of local talent market trends and best practices for the business growth and employer branding of Tencent.
- Strong team player who is highly collaborative and portrays a customer obsessed mindset.
- Someone who enjoys growing the organization from 0 to 1 and is passionate about what they do.
- Strong communication capabilities with not just in-country employees but region and HQ colleagues as well.
- Able to understand local laws and regulations and to also adapt to international cultural nuances.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Tencent:
Diversity, equity and inclusion are important, interdependent components of our workplace. As an equal opportunity employer, we firmly believe that diverse voices fuel our innovation and allow us to better serve our users and the community. We foster an environment where every employee of Tencent feels supported and inspired to achieve individual and common goals.