Award-winning TiMi Studio Group seeks a Senior Writer to join the TiMi Montréal team in developing a AAA, open-world game based on a new IP. The project will be released on multiple platforms, with an objective to reach a global audience. As a Senior Writer on the Narrative team, you will contribute to the worldbuilding and story development for this narrative-rich project.
TiMi Montreal is a new studio within TiMi Studio Group, a subsidiary of Tencent Games. We are passionate about creating compelling worlds for players to explore for years to come. Are you someone who loves participating in building new worlds, understands what captivates players, and cares deeply about gaming as a medium? Are you ready to channel your passion and energy into creating expansive open world games for global audiences? Are you ready to help build the fiction of a world that players will love to explore and spend time in? Then, come join us in our ambitious endeavor.
What will you do?
We are developing a brand-new fictional IP for our open world game – crafting every aspect of story, world and character for players to experience.
The Senior Writer’s primary focus will be to produce original content, under the direction of the Narrative Director.
The Senior Writer will:
- Write key story content that will help define our game world and player experience.
- You will help to define, expand and document the narrative elements needed to build our new IP.
- You’ll run with ideas from creative leadership, and propose and develop new ones.
- You will write and maintain story documents, including character bios, story outlines, worldbuilding documents, location descriptions, casting breakdowns and an overall narrative bible.
- You will be an expert in all aspects of our fictional world, and update, share and maintain documentation as the game develops and evolves.
- You will be part of a writing team developing game storylines, quest storylines, and supporting overall narrative needs and game writing tasks as they arise.
- You will write game dialogue at all stages of development to the established style and tone, including cinematic scenes, mission dialogue and systemic dialogue (chatter and barks).
What we are looking for:
- Professional writers with 5+ years of experience writing in the games industry or other entertainment media
- While game writing experience is preferred, we are open to writers who have worked in media beyond game development
- AAA open world game writing experience is an asset
- Extensive experience developing story documentation such as outlines, character bios, worldbuilding documents (world histories, faction descriptions etc.), story bibles, lore wikis, marketing and product descriptions, etc. for a variety of fictional IP.
- Screenwriting / dialogue writing experience, especially for games.
- A passion for playing games. Even if you haven’t worked in games before, we are looking for candidates who enjoy playing games and can speak to the unique storytelling opportunities and challenges within interactive media.
- 3-5 writing samples, including both prose-form and scene (dialogue) examples. Prose samples could include character bios or other short worldbuilding type examples; dialogue samples should demonstrate the ability to construct short scenes and write compelling dialogue.
What is in it for you?
Create new worlds for players to explore, experience and enjoy: At TiMi Montreal, we see everyone as a game developer. Join a team of industry veterans to create engaging and innovative experiences that players will enjoy for years to come. Share your passion, your ideas and take initiative to increase our product’s quality.
Deliver AAA multi-platform games with ample resources and support: TiMi is dedicated to bringing incredible game experiences to players. As one of the most successful studios in the world, TiMi has what it takes to produce a AAA game. We wish to empower all game developers to reach their full potential.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Tencent:
Diversity, equity and inclusion are important, interdependent components of our workplace. As an equal opportunity employer, we firmly believe that diverse voices fuel our innovation and allow us to better serve our users and the community. We foster an environment where every employee of Tencent feels supported and inspired to achieve individual and common goals.