PURPOSE OF JOB:
The Senior Producer (Publishing) will play an important role as part of Tencent Games’ second-party production and product management team. You will build great relationships with our game studio partners and collaborate with them to deliver AAA titles across multiple platforms. You will follow AAA game franchises through all development stages, from initial concept design right through to commercial release and post launch support/live-ops. You will coordinate with other teams at Tencent and with external partners to offer the best possible support to our studios.
As Senior Producer, you will help coach production, game operations and marketing staff, educating on production methodologies, GaaS best practices, and internal processes. You will be collaborating with team leaders, management, and our external partners daily ensuring our projects progress to successful completion.
Together, we will help our partner studios make great games!
Within this role you will:
- Work with one or more European based studios, including frequent international travel
- Drive quality in a collaborative and constructive way
- Be involved in strategic product planning, franchise and lifecycle management
- Design and run market and consumer research studies to identify and measure market opportunities and define game positioning
- Ensure effective processes are in place for project tracking, including milestone reviews and feedback
- Support the studios to plan and execute the marketing strategy for their products
- Support the external development team to help them do their best work, in a satisfying and
- sustainable manner, sharing and implementing best practices
- Develop strong relationships to establish and maintain a reliable and timely flow of information and materials to all parties as necessary.
- Identifying quality partners for consulting, co-development, or outsourcing
- Coordinate with other teams in Tencent to leverage available services and know-how
- Analyse competitive products and new business opportunities and make recommendations to senior management.
To be successful you will have:
- 10+ years’ games production, game operations, marketing, product management, or equivalent experience, shipping multiple titles across several platforms
- An excellent understanding of what is required to build and deliver AAA titles and franchises
- Outstanding organizational skills and ability
- Experience managing an internal or external production team
- An understanding of F2P and GaaS business models and best practices
- An understanding of a wide range of project management concepts, tools and approaches and an ability to tailor methods to meet the requirements of the team
- A passion for games and an understanding of technical and creative concepts
- An open and flexible mindset, with strong communication skills
- Capable and experienced in handling multiple projects
- Five plus years of management experience
- Organized and analytical in decision making
- Positive attitude and outlook
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Tencent:
Diversity, equity and inclusion are important, interdependent components of our workplace. As an equal opportunity employer, we firmly believe that diverse voices fuel our innovation and allow us to better serve our users and the community. We foster an environment where every employee of Tencent feels supported and inspired to achieve individual and common goals.