Welcome to Lightspeed LA (Irvine), the first U.S.-based, AAA game development studio for Tencent Games, where we are focused on building open-world games that emphasize an ambitious living world, sophisticated player-driven gameplay, and mature, thoughtful storytelling!
Why join Lightspeed LA (Irvine)?
Creation is the soul of our studio. For us, it’s not only about the exciting, new AAA open world game we’re developing, but also about team values and studio culture. We foster an open and transparent environment where everyone feels comfortable providing constructive feedback about all aspects of our games.
- We encourage the showing of work that’s still in progress
- We don’t attack or question unfinished work, we celebrate its promise
- We have a No Blame Culture where we blame the problem, not the person
This is a safe place to fail, and we don't view failure as a negative, but as the natural result of pushing boundaries and exploring new ideas.
We create together. We face challenges together. Most importantly, we succeed together.
LightSpeed LA is looking for a talented and enthusiastic Dev Ops Engineer to join our new studio in sunny Irvine California. The ideal candidate will have a strong passion for games and supporting a larger team through tools, builds, automation, and more. This is a rare opportunity to learn from our team of industry veterans. Come help us build a culture of respect that pushes boundaries while having lots of fun.
What you'll get to do:
- Help us build and maintain pipelines that empower a culture of rapid iteration
- Not just maintain, but grow our CI/CD processes to provide faster and more useful data
- Alongside CI/CD, expand and improve our build process to ensure quick and reliable delivery and deployment to the team
- Work with the rest of the development team to come up with good solutions to common problems that last
- Help us take our existing tooling to the next level with more features and better UI
What we're looking for:
- A service-oriented engineer who actively looks to improve workflows
- 0-2 years of DevOps experience working in the Games or Tech industry
- Proficiency with C# or C++, and familiarity with interpreted languages such as Python
- A passion to learn, improve, and take on bigger challenges
Pluses, but not requirements:
- A degree related to computer science or engineering
- Experience with source control systems, particularly Perforce
- Experience with build and CI/CD orchestration tools, particularly Jenkins
- Experience with a game engine, particularly Unreal
- Any experience shipping a game or app, no matter how small
Perks and Benefits:
Just some of the benefits of working with us here at our newly built studio in Irvine, CA.
- Beverages, fresh fruit, and snacks
- 401k with employer match
- Monthly Cell phone bill reimbursement
- Financial wellness sessions
- Flexible spending account
- Team building and company outings
- Parental leave for new parents
- Company paid health insurance
- Life and disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Wellness training
- Travel insurance
- Preventive care
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Tencent:
Diversity, equity and inclusion are important, interdependent components of our workplace. As an equal opportunity employer, we firmly believe that diverse voices fuel our innovation and allow us to better serve our users and the community. We foster an environment where every employee of Tencent feels supported and inspired to achieve individual and common goals.