Tencent is an Internet-based platform company founded in Shenzhen, China, in 1998. We use technology to enrich the lives of Internet users and assist the digital upgrade of enterprises. Our mission is "Value for Users, Tech for Good". We embrace a culture of teamwork & creativity and are driven by our values - Integrity, Proactivity, Collaboration and Creativity.
We are rapidly expanding our international operations and are looking for top talent to propel us forward. Combining the results-oriented nature of a startup with the resources of a profitable and leading Internet company, Tencent offers a unique opportunity for aspiring individuals to thrive.
About Tencent Games
Tencent Games was launched in 2003 and is now the largest gaming company in the world, achieving game related revenues of $33 billion in 2021. As a leading global organisation for game development, publishing and operations, we are dedicated to providing high-quality interactive entertainment experiences to players and currently offer more than 140 games including PUBG MOBILE, Call of Duty Mobile, Honor of Kings and League of Legends to hundreds of millions of players across more than 200 countries and regions. Tencent Games offers talented individuals the opportunity to help shape and build something unique within the gaming industry as a whole.
About the Team
Global Game Research Team is to provide detailed analysis on game content, assess early stage opportunities, identify industry trends, portfolio gaps for the business and operations teams and help our investment companies to grow. We are looking for two game analyst in Europe: One based in Amsterdam while the other one based in London. This role is visible across Tencent's IEG team (interactive entertainment group) , as IEG team relies heavily on the key insights provided by our team to make critical decisions.
About the Role
- Work closely with Tencent second-party developers. Provide insightful feedback, identify potential risks and support decision making through out the development process.
- Prepare holistic content analysis, assessing a game's merits across all key components (game design, game mechanics, balance, art, game economy, total addressable audience, etc.)
- Compile regular reports on specific genres or industry trends via infographics, visuals, and research synthesis.
- Monitor consumer trends across the PC, Console, and Mobile landscape and share findings with internal teams.
- Extensive playtest and review games submitted to Tencent for evaluation across a variety of platform and genres, as well as all notable new market releases.
- Perform due diligence on game development studios globally and prepare comprehensive reports covering the team's strengths and weaknesses. Give insightful comments on investment, co-development and other potential opportunities.
- A minimum of 3 years‘ experience working as a video game designer or producer with a proven track record.
- Strong understanding of large-scale project development. Familiar with global development team culture and work flow.
- Strong passion for interactive entertainment and a deep understanding of gameplay systems and mechanics.
- Strong research and problem-solving skills, creative thinking, global mindset, and excellent communication skills in a multi-cultural environment.
- Solid gaming experience across platforms is REQUIRED. We recommend candidates to list up the game he/she/they play recently or the games he/she/they enjoyed with reviews or comments in the resume or cover letter (if applicable, please send the cover letter at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- A plus: University Degree in a relevant field; Mandarin proficiency.
- Amsterdam or London
- Some travel required
- Team Leader of Global Game Research Team (Shanghai based)
- A diverse and inclusive work environment where you can connect with colleagues from around the world.
- A safe and supportive organisational climate to continue to grow and hone your craft.
- 25 days annual leave, long-service awards, flexible work arrangements, private health insurance and pension plan.
- Additional benefits such as annual trips, gym membership, working lunch, Family Day and other cultural events and festival gifts.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Tencent:
Diversity, equity and inclusion are important, interdependent components of our workplace. As an equal opportunity employer, we firmly believe that diverse voices fuel our innovation and allow us to better serve our users and the community. We foster an environment where every employee of Tencent feels supported and inspired to achieve individual and common goals.