Tencent is seeking an experienced Marketing Community Manager passionate about games, gaming communities, communications and social media, to create a new approach to talking about Games and eSports and building the brand reputation. This senior contributor role works in close partnership with integrated global marketing and game teams to build excitement and relationships on behalf of the franchises.
The ideal candidate is result driven, organized, proactive, and self-motivated, a student of brand marketing and communications, and has a proven track record of large-scale community development efforts in the entertainment industry. It is a must to be an expert in player-facing experiences that is always checking for trends and has proven experience with content creation, editorial and consumer brand and practical knowledge managing teams.
- Ensure editorial strategies positively impact our business goals.
- Create communications (e.g., social posts, blogs) with high levels of quality and timeliness.
- Manage content calendars.
- Shape and reshape brand reputation managing communication strategy around multi stakeholders.
- Work closely with other departments to guarantee all projects stay on time and hit important milestones.
- Bring innovation to existing initiatives.
- Review past projects to guarantee the improvement for the next ones.
- Manage third party vendors.
- Transform Tencent events into the best in class.
- Drive the design and execution of Brazilian community development efforts.
- Manage communications plans and channels, striving for continuous improvement.
- Strategize and execute on reactive communications to players.
- Create engagement opportunities at in-person and online events.
- Analyze and report on content performance data to drive continuous improvement, optimization, and innovation.
- Provide meaningful feedback to game teams on the community’s sentiment, concerns, and suggestions.
- Collaborate with global teammates.
- Ensure quality on behalf of the team and brand.
- 10+ years of proven experience in the entertainment industry, brand and marketing communications
- Strong leadership and management skills required
- Good pool of vendors to attend our quality bar???
- Be able to accurately and authentically communicate messages across language barriers
- Passionate about games and esports
- Detailed oriented
- Familiar with project management and process improvement
- Able to travel, including international travel, and work long hours and weekends as needed
- To be a self-starter: you approach challenges without fear, taking the lead where a less confident person might hesitate, always thinking about details and possible threats
- To be goal oriented: you are an innovator, and you launch projects and initiatives while always thinking about the value and impact on the players
- Staff coaching experience
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills
- Fluent English highly preferred
- Good social and communications skills
- Video Publishing/Production experience
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Tencent:
Diversity, equity and inclusion are important, interdependent components of our workplace. As an equal opportunity employer, we firmly believe that diverse voices fuel our innovation and allow us to better serve our users and the community. We foster an environment where every employee of Tencent feels supported and inspired to achieve individual and common goals.