Award-winning TiMi Studio Group seeks a Senior Technical Artist to develop a AAA, open-world game based on a new IP. The project will be released on multiple platforms using Unreal’s latest technology. As a Senior Technical Artist, your role will be to develop content creation pipelines and features that support our art direction.
TiMi Montreal is a new studio within TiMi Studio Group, a subsidiary of Tencent Games. We are passionate about creating compelling worlds for players to explore for years to come. Are you looking to push the boundaries of what games can achieve visually? Are you passionate about the combination of art and technology? Then, come join us in our ambitious endeavor.
What will you do?
The Senior Technical Artist works in collaboration with the Art Director, Technical Art Director and Programmers to define and create the pipelines needed to produce art content production. They offer guidelines and support for a team of artists, identifying technological improvements that maximize quality, performance and efficiency. They are comfortable working in a highly collaborative and innovative environment.
- Develop scalable art content production pipeline and tools that support our creative vision
- Establish rules and guidelines for art content production
- Produce visual benchmarks that push technology forward and maximize quality
- Collaborate with programming team to guide feature development
- Support a team of artists to build content efficiently and consistently
- Define performance budgets for specific components of the game
- Profile and optimize performance on console/PC
- Write and maintain technical documentation
- Develop robust test plans in collaboration with QA team
What we’re looking for?
- Strong Unreal Engine generalist with added exposure to character creation pipelines
- At least six years of professional AAA game development experience
- At least two AAA titles shipped in the current generation of consoles. Preferably with Unreal Engine.
- Solid understanding of Unreal Engine Toolchain & Ecosystem including (but not limited to) - Blueprints, Materials, Character/Animation Blueprints, Interoperability with DCC apps, Niagara ...
- Experience and/or knowledge of some of the following: Scripting languages (Python, C#); 3D and 2D software (3DSMax/Maya/Blender, Photoshop, Substance, ZBrush); Shaders
- Excellent understanding of art content production, integration and validation
- Team player, highly collaborative and results oriented
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Autonomous and proactive to develop highly efficient solutions
- Curious about learning and implementing new technologies based on industry trends
- Experience with Characters Modeling/Shading/Texturing Pipeline a huge bonus
- Understanding of character and animation systems within Unreal or any other game engines - Rigs, Blending Trees, Layering, Sequencer, Blueprints, Retargeting, State machines..., in-game physics (hair, cloth)
- A portfolio or blog/articles demonstrating any of the above
What is in it for you?
Create AAA multi-platform games with ample resources and support: Bring incredible game ideas to players around the world with the support of one of the most successful studios in the world. TiMi has developed some of the most popular games worldwide and is looking for talented individuals to join it in making another major hit.
Develop for global audiences and make an impression on the entire industry: Join TiMi in making games as part of an ambitious, talented, and seasoned team.
Create new worlds for players to explore, experience and enjoy: Join a team who cares about innovation and wants to delight players with new creative game design for open world experiences. Help create the next great game world for players to immerse in for decades to come.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Tencent:
Diversity, equity and inclusion are important, interdependent components of our workplace. As an equal opportunity employer, we firmly believe that diverse voices fuel our innovation and allow us to better serve our users and the community. We foster an environment where every employee of Tencent feels supported and inspired to achieve individual and common goals.