About Tencent Games
Tencent Games was launched in 2003 and is now the largest gaming company in the world, achieving game-related revenues of $33 billion in 2021. As a leading global organization for game development, publishing and operations, we are dedicated to providing high-quality interactive entertainment experiences to players and currently offer more than 140 games including PUBG MOBILE, Call of Duty Mobile, Honor of Kings and League of Legends to hundreds of millions of players across more than 200 countries and regions. Tencent Games offers talented individuals the opportunity to help shape and build something unique within the gaming industry as a whole.
About the Role
The Localization Manager - Narrative will be part of the global publishing team, to improve the localization quality of our key product. You'll have the opportunity to work with professionals to achieve the best practices of game localization.
Los Angeles / Palo Alto, California
- Lead and deliver localization (English) results on projects involving cross-functional teams based on game-established cadence.
- Work closely with game developers, publishing team and localization project managers to understand requests, manage multiple tasks and cooperate with internal and external linguists, and oversee their execution to ensure high localization quality.
- Translate, review, proofread, evaluate and test game-related content in your language according to existing quality standards.
- Evaluate, analyze, and resolve culturally sensitive issues for your region (U.S.A) to eliminate potential risks.
- Prepare reference materials, and train and assist translators during the localization process, including creating and maintaining style guides, term bases, and know-hows for the owned projects and languages.
- Work with localization PMs to build solid relationships with peers across the game organization and ensure smooth process flow and collaboration.
- 5-8+ years of experience in game/ literature localization.
- Strong communication and narrative skills, both in verbal and written English.
- Experience in cross-team cooperation and supplier capability assessment.
- Experience in MOBA games or MOBA localization is a bonus point.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Tencent:
Diversity, equity and inclusion are important, interdependent components of our workplace. As an equal opportunity employer, we firmly believe that diverse voices fuel our innovation and allow us to better serve our users and the community. We foster an environment where every employee of Tencent feels supported and inspired to achieve individual and common goals.