Welcome to Lightspeed LA (Irvine), the first U.S.-based, AAA game development studio for Tencent Games, where we are focused on building open-world games that emphasize an ambitious living world, sophisticated player-driven gameplay, and mature, thoughtful storytelling!
Why join Lightspeed LA (Irvine)?
Creation is the soul of our studio. For us, it’s not only about the exciting, new AAA open world game we’re developing, but also about team values and studio culture. We foster an open and transparent environment where everyone feels comfortable providing constructive feedback about all aspects of our games.
- We encourage the showing of work that’s still in progress
- We don’t attack or question unfinished work, we celebrate its promise
- We have a No Blame Culture where we blame the problem, not the person
This is a safe place to fail, and we don't view failure as a negative, but as the natural result of pushing boundaries and exploring new ideas.
We create together. We face challenges together. Most importantly, we succeed together.
Lightspeed LA is seeking a Senior QA Tester with comprehensive experience to influence processes and be capable of navigating through various stages of development between an internal QA department and a new development team. Our aim is to deliver the highest quality product that we can through an efficiently planned process in collaboration with our development team.
- Passion for video games with experience and knowledge you can draw upon.
- 3-5 years of QA testing experience on AAA games
- Experience working on titles that went through their entire development life cycle
- Experience working in a bug database
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Experience in developing test plans
- Experience with Console testing
- Experience with 1st party certification testing
- Experience with effectively using a wiki to share knowledge efficiently
- Experience working with external QA groups
- Possess programming/scripting language familiarity
- Familiarity with unreal engine
- Experience with automation testing
- Experience with A11Y compliance
- Experience collaborating directly with developers
Perks and Benefits:
Just some of the benefits of working with us here at our newly built studio in Irvine, CA.
- Beverages, fresh fruit, and snacks
- 401k with employer match
- Monthly Cell phone bill reimbursement
- Financial wellness sessions
- Flexible spending account
- Team building and company outings
- Parental leave for new parents
- Company paid health insurance
- Life and disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Wellness training
- Travel insurance
- Preventive care
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Tencent:
Diversity, equity and inclusion are important, interdependent components of our workplace. As an equal opportunity employer, we firmly believe that diverse voices fuel our innovation and allow us to better serve our users and the community. We foster an environment where every employee of Tencent feels supported and inspired to achieve individual and common goals.