Senior IT Engineer (Dubai)
Tencent Overseas IT has the mission to empower Tencent’s rapid global growth with future ready, global IT platforms, applications, and services. We are chartered to lead the Overseas IT strategy, architecture, roadmap, and execution. Satisfying our internal/external customers and becoming a world class global IT team are our top aspirations.
We are currently seeking a passionate Senior IT Engineer, Reporting to Tencent’s APAC IT Center, this position will be based in Dubai. You will work closely with our Overseas IT, HQ IT, HR, finance and various business teams, this position will play a critical role to support all business across Dubai and other geo-locations, provide the best IT solutions and user experience for Tencent employees, as well as affiliate users. Your main responsibilities are high-quality system maintenance, IT product support and system user support, while being able to work closely with business users, IT development teams, undertake missions and work independently to complete various tasks. If you have programming skills and keen on developing/adopting automation tools and cloud solutions, you find the right place.
● Collaborate with HR, Admin and Operations team to provide the best IT solutions and user experience for Tencent employees, as well as affiliate users.
● Provide support, troubleshooting and resolve problems to meet end user ‘s satisfaction, including IT hardware, IT systems, business platforms and applications.
● Participate in the implementation of global IT projects of Tencent Overseas IT, and can adapt to the local business need of Dubai, and contribute to the output of Dubai IT products and solutions.
● Be the expert and first point of contact for a certain product and area of IT, such as cloud products, business systems, network or infrastructure.
● Proactive attitude, able to accept the mission and execute it independently, strong sense of ownership
● Can use scripting languages, support automated system deployment and operation & maintenance practices in Dubai IT team.
● Work with business department to coordinate important system maintenance, changes and IT requirements from business side.
● Support R&D lab servers, including server installation, configuration and daily maintenance.
● Align with continuous improvement program focused on business value, process optimization, cost avoidance, cost reductions and IT “Speed to Market.”
● Consolidate overseas IT knowledge documents in one place for overseas users’ self-help and regional peer support.
● Other IT tasks arranged by the management team including IT office build/infrastructure project, system deployment, changes and upgrades, etc.
Who we are looking for:
●A all-rounder, who's technical enough to understand the full picture of overall IT projects and operations, and able to have it managed and delivered with positive outcomes in a fast-paced tech environment.
●A seasoned Senior IT Engineer who has solid Project management skills with a proven track records in global IT project and operations delivery, who can thrive and stay on top of things to make things happen in a dynamic environment.
●A relationship manager who can build good relationship with local businesses/users to understand their needs and pain points and have them addressed in a timely and effectively manner.
●A hands-on person who can roll up the sleeve and get his/her hands dirty to make things work while needed and putting customer's need at first.
● Self-motivated, articulate, passionate to deliver the best result and achieve the highest customer satisfaction. Quick learner.
● Love satisfying customers with a state-of-the-art cloud solution, automation, realizing ideas, building services, and unlocking the potential of new technology!
● Collaborative, independent, insistent, flexible, and open-minded. And you see no conflict in any of these things.
● Knowledgeable, resourceful and show initiative. You always keep the customer’s objectives in mind.
● Positive by nature, a great team player, and both dependable and autonomous.
● Customer-oriented and could work at a very fast pace.
● Bachelor’s degree in Business (Management Information Systems), Computer Science, Business (Other) or equivalent.
● 5+ years of working experience in providing technical IT system support to ensure smooth and effective delivery of IT services.
● 5+ years of experience working with global IT teams and delivering towards global+local business/IT needs.
● 2 + years of experience in software development and knowledge of development methodologies.
● Experience with a variety of programming languages such as C, Java or python.
● Strong knowledge of ITIL Service Management concepts and experience managing ITIL processes
● Knowledge of collaborative productivity tools, for example, but not limited to, instant messaging, collaboration, workspace, knowledge management, issue resolution, ticketing is preferred.
● Knowledge of IT compliance and global regulations in data security, cyber security, and privacy is preferred.
● Experience with ServiceNow, Workday, Jamf, Faronics, Slack, WeCom is preferred.
● Fluent in Local language, English, Chinese is preferred but not required, in order to communicate with teams located in different countries.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Tencent:
Diversity, equity and inclusion are important, interdependent components of our workplace. As an equal opportunity employer, we firmly believe that diverse voices fuel our innovation and allow us to better serve our users and the community. We foster an environment where every employee of Tencent feels supported and inspired to achieve individual and common goals.