Award-winning TiMi Studio Group seeks a Technical Design Director to develop a AAA, open-world game based on a new IP. The project will be released on multiple platforms using Unreal’s latest technology. As a Technical Design Director, your role will be to lead the development of content creation pipelines to achieve our creative vision.
TiMi Montreal is a new studio within TiMi Studio Group, a subsidiary of Tencent Games. We are passionate about creating compelling worlds for players to explore for years to come. Are you looking to develop the next benchmark in Open World design? Are you passionate about the combination of design, storytelling and technology? Are you someone who cares about team efficiency? Then, come join us in our ambitious endeavor.
What will you do?
- Collaborate with other members of the core team to define a unique, forward thinking and achievable creative vision
- Develop scalable content production pipeline and tools that support our creative vision
- Empower and support a team of designers to build content efficiently and consistently
- Facilitate communication between multiple disciplines to reach common goals
- Lead a team of technical designers and foster their professional development
- Stimulate innovation across multiple design disciplines
- Define performance budgets for each component of the game, optimize data to maximize quality
- Represent our studio’s core values and create a collaborative and inclusive environment for everyone
What we’re looking for?
- At least eight years of professional AAA game development experience
- At least having shipped two AAA open world titles, including one during the current generation of video games (PS4/XBOX ONE)
- Strong technical proficiency with game development tools and technology
- Solid understanding of the video game industry and market
- Team player with an ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical people
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Share a passion to innovate, especially in the design and development of open world games
- Experience developing in and extending Unreal Engine 4 a plus
What’s in it for you?
Create AAA multi-platform games with ample resources and support: Bring incredible game ideas to players around the world with the support of one of the most successful studios in the world. TiMi has developed some of the most popular games worldwide and is looking for talented individuals to join it in making another major hit.
Develop for global audiences and make an impression on the entire industry: Join TiMi in making games as part of an ambitious, talented, and seasoned team.
Create new worlds for players to explore, experience and enjoy: Join a team who cares about innovation and wants to delight players with new creative game design for open world experiences. Help create the next great game world for players to immerse in for decades to come.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Tencent:
Diversity, equity and inclusion are important, interdependent components of our workplace. As an equal opportunity employer, we firmly believe that diverse voices fuel our innovation and allow us to better serve our users and the community. We foster an environment where every employee of Tencent feels supported and inspired to achieve individual and common goals.