Tencent Games Business Development team is focused on strategic partnerships and investment initiatives, building upon our reputation in the gaming industry and our Tencent platform as we expand on our gaming ecosystem globally. We are growing our North America focused team and looking for an experienced game industry professional to join the team, based in the US and help execute Tencent Games’ long-term success in the region. This role will focus on building long term partnerships and sourcing investment opportunities in the North America region.
• Analyze key trends, market intelligence and develop business strategies according to identified structural opportunities within the market and provide thoughtful recommendations and analyses to management team;
• Negotiate and execute on investment transactions and partnership agreements while working cross-functionally internally with management, finance, legal, and product teams.
•Source and execute strategic partnerships and investment initiatives within AA, AAA and Indie gaming companies in North American region to expand Tencent Games’ portfolio in the region
•Stay close to the local gaming ecosystem in United States and Canada source opportunities and have close dialogue with developers and founders in both the indie space as well as new start up studios teams formed from AAA/AA companies
• Build and develop long term and quality relationships with game developers and publishers from PC, console and mobile gaming space as well as other key ecosystem players to build investment pipeline and source strategic partnership opportunities
• The Candidate is ideally based in United States
• This is a sourcing role we’d like to hire someone who has strong network or pre-existing relationships with developers in Canada or United States that he/she can leverage, someone who thrives on building new relationships and not afraid of hustling and knocking on new doors.
• The ideal candidate is someone who has passion for the gaming industry, has game production background and/or business development experience in the past at a large publisher or AAA/AA companies, has a deep understanding of development process and eye for great gaming product. The person can ideally speak the same language as developers and develop strong relationship with key decision makers at studios.
• Team player that operates well in a team as well as an individual contributor, with outstanding written and oral communication skills, negotiation and people skills. Comfortable with handling ambiguity and collaborating across different functional teams and departments.
• Flexible self-starter with entrepreneurial mindset and experience working in a fast pace, changing environment (i.e. startup). Someone who is proactive and not afraid to roll up his/her sleeves and do the tactical work.
• Ability to travel internationally to meet partners and attend conferences when needed experience working with international and multicultural teams
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Tencent:
Diversity, equity and inclusion are important, interdependent components of our workplace. As an equal opportunity employer, we firmly believe that diverse voices fuel our innovation and allow us to better serve our users and the community. We foster an environment where every employee of Tencent feels supported and inspired to achieve individual and common goals.