Award-winning TiMi Studio seeks a talented Principal/Senior Lighting Artist. This position is open to LA, Seattle office.
- Design, analyze, and create high-quality in-game lighting based on art direction and concept art to achieve the visual and style goal.
- Develop lighting theme and technical plans in the early stages based on ideas and guidance from the Art Director.
- Develop lighting pipeline and related tools and overcome process and technical challenges in conjunction with artists, programmers, TAs and designers.
- Perform optimization of lighting-related game performance and develop corresponding measures.
- Mentor junior lighting engineers to improve the professional level of the team.
- 5+ years of experience in lighting. Participated in AAA game production. Familiar with UE4 and 3D software. Lighting experience on overworld map lighting is a plus.
- Solid knowledge of environment art, comprehensive understanding in related areas, including color, composition and lighting.
- Familiar with engine lighting technology (indoor/outdoor, dynamic lighting, static lightmap baking, etc.), has ability to use internal tools to solve technical problems and improve performance, work with TA and programmers to develop new tools and pipelines. Mobile game developing experience is a plus.
- Huge extra points for experience in mentoring and/or managing a team.
- General understanding of oriental aesthetics and Chinese culture strongly preferred for game development purposes.
- Great communication skills and team spirit.
The base pay range for this position in Washington is $117,600 to $215,600 per year.
Actual pay is based on market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign on payment, relocation package, and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, as well as other medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the specific position offered.
Employees (and their families) are covered by medical, dental, vision, and basic life insurance.
Employees are also able to enroll in the Company’s 401(k) plan, 15-25 days of vacation leave per year (Vacation hours accrued based on years of service）, 12 days of paid holidays, and 10 days of paid sick leave.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Tencent:
Diversity, equity and inclusion are important, interdependent components of our workplace. As an equal opportunity employer, we firmly believe that diverse voices fuel our innovation and allow us to better serve our users and the community. We foster an environment where every employee of Tencent feels supported and inspired to achieve individual and common goals.