About the Job:
Timi Y3 studios are looking for a talented and experienced Senior/Principal environment artist to help build one of our unannounced FPS projects. You will work with the environment department and all the art leads/directors to help craft stylized, visually inspiring worlds and fun maps. Timi Y3 studios made some of the most popular FPS games on the market, including the award-winning - Call of Duty Mobile. The game we are working on right now is ambitious and stylized, full of energy and creativity. Not only do we want to create one of the best competitive shooter experiences, but we also want to create memorable co-op missions and PVE content in the near future.
For the nature of this job and the current development of the COVID-19 pandemic, Timi Y3 studios are offering a full work-from-home position for this role. We are allowing the candidate to work remotely as long as they can be flexible with the weekly meeting schedule and deliver the feedback/content in a timely manner. The flexible work situation and remote policy are subject to change at Timi Y3 studios’ discretion.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the Art director, Level design lead to bring visually pleasing environments to the game.
- Help drive the vision for the game and using your work to set the high-quality bar for the environment art development.
- Collaborate with the team to design and layout game-play spaces.
- Work closely with level design and art department to bring all the levels from block-out stage to final set dressing and lighting.
- Establishing the environment art pipeline and help maintain the level of quality during assets creation.
- Identify the risks during environment development and actively coming up with solutions to mitigate them.
- Mentor and guide team members to level up their artistic skills and core development competencies.
- 8+ years of experience building maps and environments for industry-leading games.
- Portfolio of demonstrating strong proficiency as an Environment Artist.
- Strong sense of level design, scale, and game-play flow.
- Expert knowledge of Unreal Engine 4 and created various game levels/maps with it.
- Expert level understanding of lighting, composition, and set dressing.
- Know how to break down a level from asset creation perspective, come up with creative solutions to maintain the style of the environment design.
- Good communicating skills and ability to provide efficient feedback to team members.
- Expert knowledge and understanding of industry software, tools, and pipelines.Such as Maya/Max, Photoshop, Zbrush and Substance designer, or other equivalent 3D tools.
- Ability to work under deadlines, manage and prioritize tasks, and is self-motivated.
- Prior Leadership\Mentoring experience.
- Knowledge of creating narrative content for PVE game-play.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Tencent:
Diversity, equity and inclusion are important, interdependent components of our workplace. As an equal opportunity employer, we firmly believe that diverse voices fuel our innovation and allow us to better serve our users and the community. We foster an environment where every employee of Tencent feels supported and inspired to achieve individual and common goals.