Essential Functions / Major Responsibilities:
- Compensation & Benefit: Responsible for operation in payroll and employee benefits.
- Responsible for payroll function and all regulatory reporting / submission requirements in Japan as required from outsourcing or HQ.
- In conjunction with Payroll, coordinate and liaison the necessary documents and data between employees and agency.
- Manage and input data for C&B market intelligence survey for Japan as needed.
- Work closely with the global compensation team where needed for eligible market data when specific salary and benefit benchmarking needed.
- Manage time record and e-leave in in Tencent and update employee details with insurance providers.
- Administer the recognition program as needed.
- Employee Engagement & Training: Responsible in cultivating corporate culture and coordinating employee activities.
- Champion the Company’s values and culture by driving, promoting and cultivating the employees’ engagement and acceptance.
- Provide and support necessary internal compliance education and materials to managers and employees. Including manuals, employee handbooks etc.
- Work with the HR Manager to identify and implement employee engagement activities that support the development of a high performing culture.
- Advise appropriate training programs to meet employees’ needs and coordinate training programs for employees.
- Employee Relations & Legal requirements: Responsible in ensuring full compliance in accordance to labor laws in Japan.
- Support HR Manager Provide effective, valued and appropriate advice, coaching and solutions to managers in Japan by diagnose and intervene in conflict and employee relations issues.
- Raise and seek advice from HR Manager and/or Legal Counsel when necessary to solve employment queries and disputes.
- Maintain knowledge of legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions.
- Ensure policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance with requirements.
- Maintain HR policy and procedure documents and employee personnel files.
- Assist in generating HR metrics and reporting.
- Answer ad hoc HR related queries from employees.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Possess university degree in business administration, management, human resources, organizational psychology or a related field preferred.
- At least 4 years proven HR experience in a relevant industry, some experience in office administration preferred.
- Good current knowledge of HR practices, processes, principles trends and systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge of local employment/labor laws that impact the employment relationship.
- Language skills: Japanese and Chinese / English plus
- Possess hands-on can-do attitude to independently perform effectively in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- An independent contributor who has high ethical standards and effective management of multiple tasks and time.
- Able to handle high level of confidentiality and common-sense regarding employee information required.
Change Management & Adaptability:
- Use initiative to transforms ideas or leads into productive business outcomes
- Adjust to new, different or changing requirements and maintains composure under pressure.
Process Management & Planning
- Establish high procedural standards and measures despite pressing deadlines
- Possess good organizational skills, analytical skills and attention to detail
Partnering to enhance effectiveness
- Promote cohesiveness by identifying opportunities for synergy across functions
- Ability to actively listen and resolve conflict, as well as support, encourage, and motivate staff
- Must possess strong communication and interpersonal skills and can work comfortably with employees at all levels within the organization