Role & Responsibilities
- Oversee all aspects of HR, focusing on localization efforts and ensuring a best in class employee life-cycle experience while overseeing aligning between HR strategy and overall business plans
- Partners closely with country GM and HQ closely to roll out people initiatives, particularly Talent & Culture building and HR Compliance
- Advise the leadership team on management issues and effectively implements new or improved programs, policies, and processes to mitigate risk;
- Be the point of contact for all HR operational matters such as performance, conduct, capability, and provide the necessary support to ensure the issues are managed in line with company policy, best practice and current legislation
- Advise employees on the company's HR policies, processes and procedures;
- Handle Ad-hoc human resources projects.
- Possess strong awareness of local market trends, best practices and to consistently share and improve on the company offering to help grow Tencent’s businesses and branding
- Strong team player who is highly collaborative and portrays a customer obsessed mindset
- Someone who enjoys growing the organization from 0 to 1 and is passionate about what they do
- Able to understand local laws and regulations and to also adapt to international cultural nuances
- Strong communication capabilities with not just in-country employees but HQ colleagues as well
- Fluency in Japanese & English is a must; ability to communicate in Mandarin will be a strong advantage
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Tencent:
Diversity, equity and inclusion are important, interdependent components of our workplace. As an equal opportunity employer, we firmly believe that diverse voices fuel our innovation and allow us to better serve our users and the community. We foster an environment where every employee of Tencent feels supported and inspired to achieve individual and common goals.