Team Kaiju seeks a UX Director who can help us build the next blockbuster game for gaming communities around the world.
We are looking for someone who wants to make fun games to be played and enjoyed for years to come. We are passionate about players and about listening to their feedback to create new, compelling experiences. Are you someone who is engaged with players, understands what keeps them captivated, and cares deeply about gaming as a medium? Are you ready to channel your passion and energy into creating long-lasting fun games for global audiences? Then, come join us in our ambitious endeavor to create extraordinary games.
- Own the front-end (out-of-game) player experience (menus / game flow) for the product
- Support design and gameplay with the HUD (signs / feedback)
- Work closely with all the directors to make sure all the UI supports the game’s aesthetic, gameplay, and business goals
- Hire and direct a team of UI/UX talent
- Be a vocal advocate for a smaller production scope and rapid iteration
- At least 5 years of professional AAA game development experience in art, design or as a creative lead
- A portfolio of previous UX work that demonstrates a great expertise in the craft
- A team player who knows how to get the best out of everyone on the project and not just within UX
- An ability to inspire others
What is in it for you?
Create blockbuster games with ample resources and support: Bring incredible game ideas to players around the world with the support of one of the most successful studios in the world. We are backed by TiMi Studio Group, who has developed some of the most popular games worldwide.
Develop for global audiences and make an impression on the entire industry: Join Team Kaiju in making games as part of an ambitious, talented, and seasoned team.
Support passionate communities at a global scale: Join a team that cares about players and wants to reward their passion through openness, risk-taking, and novel game design. Help create the next great community of players that connect across borders, backgrounds, and cultures.
The base pay range for this position in Washington is $121,200 to $222,200 per year.
Actual pay is based on market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign on payment, relocation package, and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, as well as other medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the specific position offered.
Employees (and their families) are covered by medical, dental, vision, and basic life insurance.
Employees are also able to enroll in the Company’s 401(k) plan, 15-25 days of vacation leave per year (Vacation hours accrued based on years of service）, 12 days of paid holidays, and 10 days of paid sick leave.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Tencent:
Diversity, equity and inclusion are important, interdependent components of our workplace. As an equal opportunity employer, we firmly believe that diverse voices fuel our innovation and allow us to better serve our users and the community. We foster an environment where every employee of Tencent feels supported and inspired to achieve individual and common goals.