Team Kaiju seeks a Senior Character Artist who can help us build the next blockbuster game for gaming communities around the world.
We are looking for someone who wants to make fun games to be played and enjoyed for years to come. We are passionate about players and about listening to their feedback to create new, compelling experiences. Are you someone who is engaged with players, understands what keeps them captivated, and cares deeply about gaming as a medium? Are you ready to channel your passion and energy into creating long-lasting fun games for global audiences? Then, come join us in our ambitious endeavor to create extraordinary games.
- Work closely with the Character Art Director and art team to help explore, refine, and execute the vision for characters in our world.
- Create high-quality character assets with creativity, efficiency, and a player based mindset.
- Help train and guide more junior artists on the team to improve their craft, deliver top-quality content, and be a positive influence on the team.
- Produce and iterate on a variety of tasks through all phases of production including in-game blockouts and prototypes, organic surfaces, hard-surface models, marketing assets, R&D, and more
- Be able to work independently with high-level direction, exploring loose ideas / concepts, and iterate on content with feedback from directors and team members.
- Own your work from start to finish, solving problems, suggesting and communicating ideas, and working in collaboration with other disciplines to develop characters that not only look great, but move and play great as well.
- Be an engaged team member outside your discipline by contributing to brainstorming sessions, playtests, giving feedback, and helping to develop a great game.
- Experience shipping a AAA title as a character artist.
- A portfolio of visionary and inspiring 3D work you can show and discuss with the team
- Proficiency in 3D tools such as Maya, 3Ds Max, Zbrush, Marvelous Designer, Substance Painter, etc.
- Experience developing a new IP from an early stage is a plus.
What is in it for you?
Create blockbuster games with ample resources and support: Bring incredible game ideas to players around the world with the support of one of the most successful studios in the world. We are backed by TiMi Studio Group, who has developed some of the most popular games worldwide.
Develop for global audiences and make an impression on the entire industry: Join Team Kaiju in making games as part of an ambitious, talented, and seasoned team.
Support passionate communities at a global scale: Join a team that cares about players and wants to reward their passion through openness, risk-taking, and novel game design. Help create the next great community of players that connect across borders, backgrounds, and cultures.