About Tencent Games
Tencent Games was launched in 2003 and is now the largest gaming company in the world, achieving game related revenues of $29.3 billion in 2020. As a leading global organisation for game development, publishing and operations, we are dedicated to providing high-quality interactive entertainment experiences to players and currently offer more than 140 games including PUBG MOBILE, Call of Duty Mobile, Arena of Valor and League of Legends to hundreds of millions of players across more than 200 countries and regions. Tencent Games offers talented individuals the opportunity to help shape and build something unique within the gaming industry as a whole.
About the Role
The Global Operations Manager, Arena of Valor (Esports Center) will have the opportunity to be part of a newly formed team in the region, focused on the AoV franchise. The role is responsible for the communication and cooperation with the R&D and middle platform departments, planning all localised game content for the region including but not limited to region relevant in-game characters, character skins & cosmetics and other special programmes.
The Global Operations Manager will work cross functionally across the team to identify market specific opportunities that can be bought to life in the game to drive player growth and engagement. The performance of these programmes will be continuously monitored vs goals.
- Analyse AoV player data and competitive data sets to understand the behavior of the current AoV player base in context of the marketplace.
- Work with multiple internal stakeholders including player insights, marketing and community leads from each territory cluster to design impactful programmes tuned to player needs in each market.
- Partner with marketing team to understand key cultural moments in each market and identify ways for AoV to participate via new in-game content or events programmes connected to these cultural events.
- Lead the data and reporting function for AoV, Esports Center. Establish a daily data monitoring mechanism for key performance indicators, regularly presenting output conclusions and reports to the broader team, undertake ad hoc data analysis and output insights on key in-game player trends / variations by market.
- Monitor competitive campaigns and their performance, sharing best practice examples across partner teams to help drive organisational learning and development.
- Share ideas and best practice with other AoV regional teams around the world and integrate learnings into the Esports team.
Essential Skills & Experience
- A passion for MOBA games.
- Minimum 3 years experience working in Live Ops, games localisation or other games related roles, either within PC & console or mobile gaming.
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to summarise data into clear & tangible recommendations.
- Deep immersion in & understanding of culture & pop-culture in multiple European countries.
- Versatile project manager able to drill down into detail and clearly think through project timelines & interdependencies.
- Bachelor degree or above.
- English language proficiency.
- A strategic thinker with the ability to conceptualise broadly across various solutions, yet enjoy operating at a hands-on level.
- Passionate, committed, self-starter with high levels of initiative, energy, ownership, urgency and a sincere willingness to learn from global team members at all levels.
- Strong influencing skills and the ability to effectively engage with a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Able to work under pressure and find solutions to multiple and varying needs.
- Outstanding written and oral skills, to build productive relationships.
- Proactive and approachable personality that thrives in a dynamic team environment.
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Any additional European language to English would be considered a plus.
- Previous experience operating within a new team or startup environment.
AoV Director (Esports Center)
Location of Role
- A diverse & inclusive work environment where you can connect with colleagues around the world.
- A safe and supportive organisational climate to continue to grow and hone your craft.
- Annual leave, long-service awards, flexible work arrangements, private health insurance and pension plan.
- Additional benefits such as annual trips, gym membership contribution, working lunch, Family Day and other cultural events and festival gifts.
Tencent Games is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or gender identity.