Tencent Games is seeking a Senior Project Manager with strong administrative knowledge, people management talent and passion for building something from scratch. As studio project and operations manager, you will set up a new studio in Montreal, help build a world-class team and support them in making a next-generation AAA franchise for a worldwide gaming audience. You’ll join TiMi Studios, one of the largest game developers in the world by player count and revenue, with a track record of success across dozens of games, including Honor of Kings and Call of Duty: Mobile. You’ll lead the way for our first TiMi studio in Canada and be responsible for hiring talent, managing administrative duties, and assuring proper communication flow to external partners and internal stakeholders within Tencent Games. In short, you are Jack-of-All-Trade, and you’ll be instrumental in working with creative leadership to establish a positive, high-energy, motivated culture that carries global ambitions that create the world’s next hit franchise.
- Find and solve solutions to any operations challenges that might arise studio key-stakeholders.
- Lead and manage all service and administrative teammates that provide operations, financial, personnel and legal support for the core game development team.
- Support internal culture building efforts.
- Lead the office’s finance function to ensure the accurate execution of operational finance (i.e., accounting, reporting, banking, budgeting, procurement, and compliance) and the delivery of all mandated financial reports to key stakeholders.
- Lead general administrative support such as meeting scheduling and coordination, event coordination, logistics planning, etc., and Identify problems, inefficiencies, and potential problems; develop recommendations for solutions based on day-to-day observations and analysis of work processes.
- A minimum of 5 years’ working experience, and experience in project managing, recruiting, finance and legal is a plus.
- Working experience in gaming, entertainment and technology industry is highly preferred.
- Skilled in analyzing and providing advice on financial information to enable sound and well-informed financial decisions to be made.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills, with ability to effectively manage & complete multiple priorities and projects simultaneously.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work collaboratively across the organization.
- Collaborative approach to executive leadership, and the ability to work effectively with cross functional teams to meet goals and improve organizational performance.
- Persistent self-motivation, organization, optimism, and initiative. Always open-minded with a problem-solving mindset.
- English and Chinese (Mandarin) fluency required due to business needs of communicating with English/Chinese speaking colleagues. French fluency preferred.