Tencent is an Internet-based platform company founded in Shenzhen, China, in 1998. We use technology to enrich the lives of Internet users and assist the digital upgrade of enterprises. Our mission is "Value for Users, Tech for Good". We embrace a culture of teamwork & creativity and are driven by our values - Integrity, Proactivity, Collaboration and Creativity.
We are rapidly expanding our international operations and are looking for top talent to propel us forward. Combining the results-oriented nature of a startup with the resources of a profitable and leading Internet company, Tencent offers a unique opportunity for aspiring individuals to thrive.
About Tencent Games
Tencent Games was launched in 2003 and is now the largest gaming company in the world, achieving game related revenues of $29.3 billion in 2020. As a leading global organisation for game development, publishing and operations, we are dedicated to providing high-quality interactive entertainment experiences to players and currently offer more than 140 games including PUBG MOBILE, Call of Duty Mobile and League of Legends to hundreds of millions of players across more than 200 countries and regions. Tencent Games offers talented individuals the opportunity to help shape and build something unique within the gaming industry as a whole.
About the Role
The Community Manager, Arena of Valor (Germany, Austria & Switzerland) will have the opportunity to be part of a newly formed team in Western Europe leading community engagement for AoV, a MOBA game available on mobile platforms. You will be AoV mobile's online voice on multiple social platforms for the German, Austrian and Swiss markets. Acting as a bridge between the community and the developers, you will represent the game team to the community including designing and implementing community programmes, providing game updates, reporting on community trends and troubleshooting issues.
Main duties will involve:
- Working with multiple internal stakeholders including player insights, marketing, operations and community leads from other territory clusters to devise and deliver community centric programs.
- Create, manage and post on AoV social media channels including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Discord.
- Work in partnership with PR team and own the relationship of key members and influencers of the player community and content creators who have local significance.
- Create player-facing resources and content such as guides, videos, FAQs to help enhance and deepen the player experience.
- Teasing upcoming releases for features and programs.
- Monitor and evaluate impact of community programs, sentiment of players, and community influencer outreach programs for continued improvement by providing insight to the Western European marketing team.
- Be the internal community advocate and provide relevant feedback that represents the players.
- Participating in the scheduling and creation of on-line and off-line events.
- You will need to maintain consistent and positive presence in discussion forums in order to understand the state of the community and what they need.
- Partner with AoV Western European eSports lead to bring tournaments and exhibition matches to life within territory cluster.
- Travel regularly to central London to meet with the full regional AoV team at Tencent.
Essential Skills & Experience
- English & German language proficiency.
- A passion for MOBA games.
- At least 2 years working experience in a community or Live Ops support role within mobile gaming.
- Experience creating assets for a community (e.g. streaming, video, gifs, or photoshopped images) is essential for this role.
- Understanding of streaming & knowledge of e-sports.
- Passionate, committed, self-starter with high levels of initiative, energy, ownership and urgency.
- Able to work under pressure and find solutions to multiple and varying needs.
- Valid passport and willingness to travel regularly to London.
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Direct experience as a streamer, simultaneously playing whilst narrating.
- Previous experience operating within a new team or startup environment.
Marketing Manager, AoV (Germany, Austria & Switzerland)
Location of Role
- UK or Germany.
- A diverse andinclusive work environment where you can connect with colleagues from around the world.
- A safe and supportive organisational climate to continue to grow and hone your craft.
- 25 days annual leave, long-service awards, flexible work arrangements, private health insurance and pension plan.
- Additional benefits such as annual trips, gym membershipcontribution, working lunch, Family Day and other cultural events and festival gifts.
Tencent Games is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or gender identity.