A High Performing HR Specialist-Payroll & Benefits & HRIS leads the daily operations of human resources payroll, benefits and HRIS functions while working closely with all departments to achieve company goals. The HR Specialist-Payroll & Benefits & HRIS is a positive team player that promotes a culture of inclusion, participation, empowerment.
This role is primarily responsible for providing coordination, administration and support for Payroll, Benefits, In house and External HRIS, On-boarding, Off- boarding and other Human Resource programs and practices. This position requires general knowledge of common payroll, benefits, general accounting practices and HRIS and consists of both routine and non-routine work performed using general procedures and processes.
The desired candidate will be a team player, provide great customer service, is a problem solver with critical thinking skills, possesses good communication skills in both verbal and written form, has a keen eye for detail, and is experienced with HRIS and Payroll systems.
General responsibilities and duties HR Specialist-Payroll & Benefits include but may not be limited to:
Payroll & Benefits job description:
- Act as the primary contact for payroll, benefits and effectively communicate policies, processes and requirements to employees using active listening and a caring communication style.
- Processing and payroll system entry of new hires, employee terminations, leaves of absence, payroll changes, vacation and PTO requests, hours submissions, support orders, garnishments, and benefits enrollments, cancellations and changes.
- Complete payroll responsibilities including biweekly payroll submissions and distribution of paychecks.
- Complete offer sending and new hire orientations; facilitate and maintain records of additional team training as needed.
- Review time and attendance, payroll and benefits information to detect and reconcile discrepancies.
- Maintain all payroll and benefits files and databases; process updates and batch uploads of information; create, edit and run reports.
- Actively support of and participate in open enrollment periods including employee outreach and communication.
Key requirements:Writes, edits and enhances internal communication materials, including HR intranet. Reviews and edits essential internal communications prior to dissemination to ensure accuracy, clarity, and appropriateness.
- Key skills and abilities include facilitation, presentation, communication, process development, analysis, and problem solving.
- BA/BS degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or other related field.
- 1-3 years of relevant and progressive Human Resources experience.
- Bilingual in English and Mandarin
- Excellent computer skills, MS Office, including Excel required. Must have strong proficiency in the functional use of key business applications including HR systems
- Ability to work autonomously and independently, while contributing to team initiatives.
- Continuous process improvement focus and effective project management skills.
- Strong personal credibility and sense of empathy with demonstrated ability to build trusted relationships with various levels in the organization and with HR Team members.
- Ability to build a solid understanding of the company’s operations and functional groups to best support its objectives.
- Demonstrated competencies including collaboration, communication (written and verbal), negotiation skills, and the ability to effectively influence others to adopt a course of action on critical, complex or sensitive information.