About Tencent Games
Tencent Games was launched in 2003 and is now the largest gaming company in the world, achieving game related revenues of $29.3 billion in 2020. As a leading global organisation for game development, publishing and operations, we are dedicated to providing high-quality interactive entertainment experiences to players and currently offer more than 140 games including PUBG MOBILE, Call of Duty Mobile and League of Legends to hundreds of millions of players across more than 200 countries and regions. Tencent Games offers talented individuals the opportunity to help shape and build something unique within the gaming industry as a whole.
About the Role
Tencent Games are looking for a passionate and talented Performance Analyst & Insights Manager for Western Europe to be part of a newly formed team in the region. Focusing on Arena of Valor, a MOBA game on mobile platforms, the Performance Analyst & Insights Manager will lead the regional data strategy for the franchise and provide actionable insights to a cross functional team.
This role requires both a good understanding of games production and operations as well as strong business acumen. This position will also require frequent collaboration with stakeholders from the worldwide analytics community. Key areas of responsibility include:
- Direct the strategy and all aspects of player analytics for AoV, Western Europe.
- Analyse AoV player behavior patterns in each territory and develop recommendations for the marketing teams to drive user growth.
- Be an expert in the MOBA mobile gaming genre within the region and track and report category trends and competitor performance.
- Quickly and cost-effectively design and execute a variety of research tools and methods to solve business problems (e.g. positioning, feature prioritization, communication, etc.)
- Participate in the definition and implementation of KPIs for AoV across the Western European region.
- Ensure analysis and reporting are impactful and actionable.
- Steer the development and application of innovative analytical approaches.
- Actively promote analytics and best practices within the team and wider organisation to further evolve our data driven culture.
- Develop strong relationships with stakeholders including game production teams, marketing teams and data engineering teams, both locally in China and worldwide.
- Travel regularly to central London to meet with the full regional AoV team at Tencent.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Bachelor degree or equivalent years of experience in an area that offers value to this role such as psychology, economics, business, marketing, statistics, or a related field.
- At least 4 years working in analytical based roles within games publishing, of which significant time has been spent within the mobile games sector.
- Strong quantitative skills and an analytical mind.
- Adept at uncovering actionable insights and stories within the data.
- Solutions-oriented and tenacious.
- A passion for MOBA games and an up to date understanding of the mobile gaming space.
- Able to communicate insights (not just data) in a clear and effective manner to product, marketing and leadership teams to influence the overall strategy of the product.
- Passionate, committed, self-starter with high levels of initiative, energy, ownership and urgency.
- Good interpersonal skills, good communication, planning & organising skills.
- Experience managing third-party information and research providers (e.g. Newzoo, Sensor Tower, eMarketer, App Annie).
- Expertise in Excel and PowerPoint.
- English language proficiency.
- Valid passport and willingness to travel regularly to London.
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Proficient in data analysis and/or visualization packages
- Previous experience operating within a new team or startup environment.
- Fluency in an additional European language a plus.
- A diverse and inclusive work environment where you can connect with colleagues from around the world.
- A safe and supportive organisational climate to continue to grow and hone your craft.
- 25 days annual leave, long-service awards, flexible work arrangements, private health insurance and pension plan.
- Additional benefits such as annual trips, gym membership contribution, working lunch, Family Day and other cultural events and festival gifts.
Tencent Games is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or gender identity.