About Tencent Games
Tencent Games was launched in 2003 and has since grown into a leading global platform for game development, publishing and operations. We are dedicated to providing high-quality interactive entertainment experiences to players and currently offer more than 140 games, including PUBG MOBILE, Call of Duty Mobile and League of Legends, to hundreds of millions of players across over 200 countries and regions.
We are committed to exploring the full potential of games, leveraging the rich IP resources within Tencent that span across literature, anime, film, and television. In addition, we actively collaborate with game developers and publishers to create high-quality interactive entertainment experiences.
PURPOSE OF JOB:
The Producer/Senior Producer will play an important role as part of Tencent Games’ second-party production team. You will build great relationships with our game studio partners and collaborate with them to deliver AAA titles across multiple-platforms. You will contribute to the overall strategy of the second-party team and help drive the strategy forward. You will manage products through all development stages, from initial concept design right through to commercial release and post launch support/live-ops.
As a Senior Producer, you will manage and coach production staff, educating on production methodologies and internal processes.
Together, we will help our studio partners make great games!
Within this role you will:
- Work with one or more external UK/European based studios, including frequent travel
- Drive quality in a collaborative and constructive way
- Act as an internal product champion
- Involvement in strategic product planning, franchise and lifecycle management
- Ensure effective processes are in place for project tracking, including milestone reviews and
- Be responsible for planning production in line with contractual obligations, budget, scope,
timelines and quality standards
- Prepare and regularly communicate project status information to management
- Liaise with our partner team in China HQ including travelling to China as and when required
- Support the external development team to help them do their best work, in a satisfying and
- Represent games titles at industry events globally
To be successful you will have:
- 5+ years’ games production experience, shipping multiple titles
- An excellent understanding of what is required to build and deliver AAA titles and franchises
- Outstanding organizational skills and ability
- A track record of successful completed projects
- Experience managing a production team ideally externally
- An understanding of F2P and GaaS business models and best practices
- An understanding of a wide range of project management concepts, tools and approaches
and an ability to tailor methods to meet the requirements of the team
- A passion for games and an understanding of technical and creative concepts
- An open and flexible mindset, with strong communication skills
- A diverse and inclusive work environment where you can connect with colleagues from around the world
- A safe and supportive organizational climate to continue to grow and hone your craft
- Basic benefits including paid annual leaves and long-service holiday award, flexible work arrangements, competitive commercial insurance and pension plan
- Featured benefits such as annual trips, gym membership, working lunch, Family Day, and other cultural events and festival gifts
Tencent is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.