Tencent is looking for a community professional with an interest in the video games industry to join the growing IEG (Interactive Entertainment Group) North America publishing team. This role will play an integral role in executing North American community strategies and campaigns. The
Community specialist will work with the community management team mobile, console and PC games, helping to develop larger global campaigns and put them into action across North America. This role will manage North American PR agencies to ensure a balanced focus on
wide-reaching, day-to-day activation as well as on developing original, innovative campaign ideas appropriate to each title. To succeed, you'll combine creativity with organizational skills to manage multiple projects simultaneously, as well as enjoy briefing and pitching media.
- Execute effective community strategies for Tencent's games titles, creating community
relevant messaging that generate excitement and engagement from followers/users
- Take ownership of day-to-day community responsibilities for several games including
- Collaborate with partner studio organizations to shape the community messaging
strategy and develop effective campaigns.
- Support the development of NA community strategies across all social media and
- Collaborate with internal Tencent community teams, developers, and marketing partners
around the globe.
- Assist external community management agencies toby providing community assets and
Senior Community Manager
Essential Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or above
- 1-2 years experience in Community and Social Media Management
- Experience in the video game industry is preferred but not required, ideally with an understanding of F2P and GAAS models.
- Exceptional project management skills and the ability to structure and manage multiple initiatives simultaneously and drive to completion
- Passionate, committed, self-starter with high levels of initiative, energy, ownership, urgency and a sincere willingness to learn from global team members at all levels.
- Able to work under pressure and find solutions to multiple and varying needs.
- Versatile project manager able to drill down into detail and clearly think through project timelines & interdependencies.
- Outstanding written and oral communications skills with an ability to build productive