Tencent is an Internet-based platform company founded in Shenzhen, China, in 1998. We use technology to enrich the lives of Internet users and assist the digital upgrade of enterprises. Our mission is "Value for Users, Tech for Good". We embrace a culture of teamwork & creativity and are driven by our values - Integrity, Proactivity, Collaboration and Creativity.
We are rapidly expanding our international operations and are looking for top talent to propel us forward. Combining the results-oriented nature of a startup with the resources of a profitable and leading Internet company, Tencent offers a unique opportunity for aspiring individuals to thrive.
About Tencent Games
Tencent Games was launched in 2003 and is now the largest gaming company in the world, achieving game related revenues of $29.3 billion in 2020. As a leading global organisation for game development, publishing and operations, we are dedicated to providing high-quality interactive entertainment experiences to players and currently offer more than 140 games including PUBG MOBILE, Call of Duty Mobile and League of Legends to hundreds of millions of players across more than 200 countries and regions. Tencent Games offers talented individuals the opportunity to help shape and build something unique within the gaming industry as a whole.
About the Role
The Marketing Manager, France & Benelux (Belgium, Netherlands & Luxembourg territory cluster) will have the opportunity to be part of a newly formed team in Western Europe who will be focusing on mobile games publishing for Tencent Games. A key responsibility will be to lead all consumer marketing for Arena of Valor (AoV), a MOBA game available on mobile platforms in their territory cluster. Working with an internal team and multiple agencies across a wide range of marketing disciplines including brand strategy, creative development, social media, community management, user acquisition, PR, eSports, broadcasting, consumer research, partnership marketing and forecasting / results reporting, the day-to-day work will be both challenging and diverse.
- Input to the wider regional AoV strategy in Western Europe and be able to implement the brand strategy across territory cluster.
- Plan the regional marketing budget and investment phasing based on a clear strategy informed by market & player insights.
- Help identify local market promotional opportunities for AoV to drive player growth.
- Work together with our Influencer Marketing agency to shape and deliver all influencer programmes for AoV to deploy across territory cluster.
- Ideate and share lessons learned with marketing leads in other territories & regions.
- Co-ordinate with internal PR resource and external PR agency team to deliver programmes that build brand profile and deliver player growth.
- Shape and deliver compelling content plans for AoV across social media channels to build and sustain an active community of players & fans.
- Support the forecasting and performance evaluation processes to help optimise the franchise P+L.
- Partner with Western European eSports lead to bring tournaments and exhibition matches to life within territory cluster.
- Work with the Brand Partnerships Manager (Western Europe) to bring regional partnership programmes to life.
- Manage a Community Manager & AoV Broadcaster for territory cluster.
- Travel regularly to central London to meet with the full regional AoV team at Tencent and agency partners.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's degree or above.
- French & English language proficiency
- At least 5 years working experience in video game publishing, of which significant time has been spent within the mobile games sector.
- Experience across multiple aspects of the go-to-market process for mobile games publishing.
- Track record of success in launching multiple videogame titles within France, Benelux or wider EMEA region.
- Interested in pop-culture and digitally savvy. Conversant with current media consumption trends and genuinely interested in staying up-to-date.
- Able to easily traverse from strategy to implementation with a willingness to get hands-on where needed.
- The role requires a strong aptitude for combining consumer research with player data to formulate growth driving consumer programmes that are effective in the marketplace.
- A passion for MOBA games.
- Passionate, committed, self-starter with high levels of initiative, energy, ownership and urgency.
- Strong influencing skills and the ability to effectively engage with a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Demonstrable track record of operating with vision, flexibility and tenacity.
- Able to work under pressure and find solutions to multiple and varying needs.
- Valid passport and willingness to travel regularly to London.
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Previous experience operating within a new team or startup environment.
Head of Growth, AoV Western Europe.
Location of Role
- UK, France or the Netherlands.
- A diverse andinclusive work environment where you can connect with colleagues from around the world.
- A safe and supportive organisational climate to continue to grow and hone your craft.
- 25 days annual leave, long-service awards, flexible work arrangements, private health insurance and pension plan.
- Additional benefits such as annual trips, gym membershipcontribution, working lunch, Family Day and other cultural events and festival gifts.
Tencent Games is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or gender identity.