Tencent Overseas IT has the mission to empower Tencent’s rapid global growth with future ready, global IT platforms, applications and services. We are chartered to lead the Overseas IT strategy, architecture, roadmap and execution. Satisfying our internal/external customers and becoming a world class global IT team are our top aspirations.
Cloud Center of Excellence team is part of Tencent Oversea IT. The team will laser focus on providing infrastructure, best practice to enable Tencent’s tens oversea game studios. The team will partner with game studios to define and deliver the best cloud and on-premise infrastructure for both game production and game runtime workloads.
We are seeking a Senior Engineer/Infrastructure Architect with extensive cloud and on prem architecture design/implementation experience on at least one of the major public cloud platforms, plus full stack design and delivery skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
This senior role will closely work with our internal IT and Tencent cloud product teams, as well 3rd party cloud providers to design the best global cloud architecture and solution, to enable rapid employee and business growth in Overseas market (outside China). At the same time, this role will also support the studio’s legacy infrastructure and its evolution to the cloud. Our customers include internal or acquired gaming studios, innovative offices/workplaces, various business groups and external customers. The work scope will include understanding the internal customers’ business requirements, collecting the technical requirements, developing reference architecture and prototypes based on leading industry best practice, leading implementation and deployment for global locations, as well as issue troubleshooting when necessary.
Having worked extensively as a senior role, the right candidate will excel at designing flexible, scalable, secure, cost effective global cloud first (+ on prem or hybrid cloud in some cases) solutions, as well as understanding the unique and common needs of customer, influence/convince/drive the customer adoption of our global IT platform and solutions. He/she will collaboratively define prioritized implementation plans, ensure that the customer's own engineering and business teams consider all key cloud related critical path actions (such as access controls, private/public network separation, data replication/recovery zones, security, code control etc.), and define the necessary functional test and integration requirements. He/she will have led the successful delivery completion of multiple multi availability zone, cross region, PaaS, IaaS based implementations, and in the delivery of clear standards, guidelines, documentation to stakeholder groups.
Based in Palo Alto, CA, this person will work closely with the global Overseas IT team, HQ team to enable/deliver our global IT project portfolio.
Who we are looking for
- Self-motivated, articulate, passionate to deliver the best result and achieve the highest customer satisfaction
- Love satisfying customers with a state of art cloud solutions, realizing ideas, building services, and unlocking the potential of new technology
- Collaborative, independent, insistent, flexible, and open minded. And you see no conflict in any of these things
- Knowledgeable, resourceful and show initiative. You always keep the customer’s objectives in mind
- Positive by nature, a great team player, and both dependable and autonomous
- Customer oriented, and could work at a very fast pace
- Must have 5+ years extensive cloud and on prem solution architect experience in leading Internet or high-tech companies. Global working experience a big plus
- Must have 3+ years solution architecture experience with one of the following leading cloud solutions: Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, Ali Cloud, and Tencent Cloud. Experience in multi-cloud a big plus
- Must understand the legacy infrastructure technologies, such as network, servers and other related technology
- Must have experience on helping business migrating from legacy infrastructure to cloud
- Proficient in leading the design and implementation of a flexible, scalable, secure, global cloud solution, with comprehensive Cyber security, data security, privacy management that are compliant with global and local regulations
- Can effectively collect, synthesize customer (for example internal and acquired game studios) needs and challenges, design/lead the establishment of global IT foundation architecture and solutions
- Can develop relationships with China based Tencent HQ product/IT teams and overseas business/IT teams, leverage our products where ever fit. Become a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in Tencent products like Tencent Cloud
- Can lead architecture design proposals and implementation delivery
- Can lead initiatives to integrate third party products and services to achieve design goals
- Can act as a strong influencer/driver, can become a trusted advisor to customers to drive the customer adoption of a global IT platform and solution
- Can define global cloud/infrastructure/architecture standards/guidelines
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher), Computer Science, Mathematics, or related science or engineering major
- Lateral and logical troubleshooting, follow-through and problem-solving skills, resourcefulness, attention to detail, and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Bilingual preferred (English, Chinese) but not required
Nice to have
- One or two public cloud SA certificates
- Gaming runtime or production experience (streaming, rendering, CICD, storage, encryption …)
- F500 cloud governance experience
- Programing and scripting experience (Java, Python, Shell)
Founded in November, 1998, Tencent is a leading provider of Internet value added services in China. Since its establishment, Tencent has maintained steady growth under its user-oriented operating strategies. On June 16, 2004, Tencent Holdings Limited (SEHK 700) went public on the main board of the Hong Kong Stock Exchange. Tencent is focused on bringing high-quality and engaging internet services and entertainment to its users. In China, Tencent is the largest publisher of online games and we work together with world-renown developers such as Activision, Epic Games, Halfbrick Studios, King, and Riot Games.
About Tencent America
Tencent America is the US branch of Tencent, a leading provider of Internet services in China. Among the key areas are investments, gaming, artificial intelligence, cloud services, entertainment, and internet services. Some of our partner companies and brands are WeChat, QQ, Tencent Cloud, Activision, Epic Games, Halfbrick Studios, King, and Riot Games. Our US headquarters is in Palo Alto and we have other offices in New York, Los Angeles and Seattle. Our growth strategy is focused on attracting the best people and creating an amazing work atmosphere that balances the energy of a start-up with the resources of a global innovation leader. As a Chinese company which is pursuing new markets and growing rapidly in the US, we maintain an entrepreneurial spirit and open mindset. If you are eager to do groundbreaking work in a friendly, cross-cultural environment, we can provide unparalleled stability, resources, access to more than a billion users, and an international perspective. If you, like us, are ambitious and self-driven, we invite you to explore Tencent America. Come join us and explore the power of human connection!