Team Kaiju seeks a Senior Design Manager who can help us both grow and mentor a best-in-class design team, and shape a creative studio culture.
We are looking for someone who wants to make fun games to be played and enjoyed for years to come. We are passionate about players and about listening to their feedback to create new, compelling experiences. Are you someone who is engaged with players, understands what keeps them captivated, and cares deeply about gaming as a medium? Are you ready to channel your passion and energy into creating long-lasting fun games for global audiences? Then, come join us in our ambitious endeavor to create extraordinary games.
As the Senior Design Manager, you will be responsible for managing the design team – from coaching and career development, to establishing and executing the team’s talent strategy. You will work closely with other studio leaders, craft directors, and HR.
- Support the career growth of a top-tier team of designers
- Champion and evolve studio culture
- Develop talent strategy and staffing plan for design discipline through all phases of production, past shipping
- Participate in continuous improvement of studio recruiting, hiring, and onboarding practices
- Help craft an inclusive workplace where diversity is valued
- Collaborate with other project leads to ensure design team is delivering effectively
- Grow the next generation of design leaders
- Proactively identify opportunities and risks to improve the work of the team, the quality of the project, and studio knowledge as a whole
- At least 8 years of professional AAA game development experience in design or as a creative lead
- Significant experience as a people manager, managing and developing a team
- Demonstrable, outstanding management and communication capabilities
- Proven ability to define, refine, and improve people management processes
- A team player who knows how to get the best out of everyone on the project and not just within design
- A passion for talent development and culture, and an ability to inspire others
What is in it for you?
Create blockbuster games with ample resources and support: Bring incredible game ideas to players around the world with the support of one of the most successful studios in the world. We are backed by TiMi Studio Group, who has developed some of the most popular games worldwide.
Develop for global audiences and make an impression on the entire industry: Join Team Kaiju in making games as part of an ambitious, talented, and seasoned team.
Support passionate communities at a global scale: Join a team that cares about players and wants to reward their passion through openness, risk-taking, and novel game design. Help create the next great community of players that connect across borders, backgrounds, and cultures.