Team Kaiju seeks a Senior/Principal Technical Artist with a vision for characters and worlds who can help us build a new world-class IP from concept to market!
We are looking for someone who wants to make fun games to be played and enjoyed for years to come. We are passionate about players and about listening to their feedback to create new, compelling experiences. Are you someone who is engaged with players, understands what keeps them captivated, and cares deeply about gaming as a medium? Are you ready to channel your passion and energy into creating long-lasting fun games for global audiences? If so, then come join us in our ambitious endeavor to create extraordinary games.
- Collaborate with the art team to identify and develop tools, processes and technologies that meet artists’ needs for creating high quality art and deliver to the needs of the game
- Establish and maintain live service content production pipeline focusing on character tech for Maya and Unreal Engine
- Build and lead an empowered and effective team with clear goals and expectations
- Provide team members with ongoing and meaningful feedback and mentorship
- Stay up to date on trends and methodologies in current and future graphics software and hardware to develop early planning of tools and processes
- Participate in the development of technology road maps for the needs of the project
- Ensure a balance between the creative vision and the technical constraints
- Identify risks to the project and participate in their mitigation and resolution
- Set and share best practices, be reference for the team for technical art; find solutions to complex issues; assist in the development of training programs
- A portfolio of visionary, inspiring work you can show and talk about with the team
- Experience with setting up high level character rigging & animation pipeline for both 3d softwares and engine
- Understanding and proficiency in using 3D graphics software such as Maya, 3DS Max, etc. ideally on an advanced scripting level
- Good knowledge of multiple art, animation pipelines,and different hardware architectures
- Working knowledge of scripting/programming using languages such as Python, MaxScript, C Sharp etc.
- Experience with the Unreal engine and has shipped multiple AAA projects
- The ability to quickly deliver and iterate on solutions to complex challenges
What is in it for you?
Create blockbuster games with ample resources and support: Bring incredible game ideas to players around the world with the support of one of the most successful studios in the world. We are backed by TiMi Studio Group, who has developed some of the most popular games worldwide.
Develop for global audiences and make an impression on the entire industry: Join Team Kaiju in making games as part of an ambitious, talented, and seasoned team.
Support passionate communities at a global scale: Join a team that cares about players and wants to reward their passion through openness, risk-taking, and novel game design. Help create the next great community of players that connect across borders, backgrounds, and cultures.