Tencent Games Global is seeking a seasoned communications professional to head and build out our public relations operations in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region. We need a resourceful leader with strong regional experience and a broad and deep network of media, business and official contacts. Your diplomatic skills and tenacity to produce results across radically different, sometimes challenging, circumstances will suit you well for this job. You will have to regularly balance shifting priorities and be deft at getting what you need from a large organization while working far from headquarters. It’s vital that you have demonstrated experience in media relations and a keen understanding of geopolitics, making quick reads of sensitive situations, planning for, managing through or mitigating crisis with a steady hand. You’ll work closely with our regional business leaders and senior stakeholders at headquarters, so your vision and ability to craft strategy, build systems and structures will be called upon daily. What makes this job both satisfying and challenging is you’ll also be expected to execute your strategy and test your systems and structures. You’re getting in on the ground floor of a fast-growing and exciting global business unit focused on video games, so a love of mobile, console and/or PC games or a history of playing them will be an advantage. This senior role is based in Dubai.
- This role is positioned as a Public Relations Business Partner who will formulate strategy in partnership with our operations, business development and publishing teams to ensure smooth going for the services we launch and provide in the region.
- Work with regional and local team leaders to identify knowledge, operational or other gaps, potential problem areas and implement changes to avoid reputational risks
- Work with our global PR and regional leaders to craft an airtight crisis-management regime
- Engage across internal stakeholder networks to ensure PR strategies are business-relevant and effectively implemented
- Build media and business ties throughout the MENA region and work with our business leaders to develop and maintain strong official relations and a stellar reputation in countries where we operate or plan to operate.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- 10+ years' experience in public relations, or a related field
- Languages: Professional fluency in English is required. Fluent Arabic is an advantage.
- Strong, established relations with government, business and media partners and a good understanding of the MENA landscape
- Experience in the game or tech sector is a plus
- Excellent written and oral communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in a relevant discipline (Journalism, Communications, Business, Public Policy, etc.)
- This position is based in Dubai
- International relocation available to suitable candidates
- The ability to seamlessly navigate multiple cultures will be an important element in this person’s success