Tencent Games Global seeks a communications professional to oversee our media and influencer relations in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region. We need a fluent Arabic speaker who is resourceful, with a deep Rolodex of media and key opinion leader contacts across the region. We expect you to be the guardian and shaper of our reputation, helping position us as a regional thought and market leader. As part of that, you’ll be expected to set up a media-monitoring system and be responsible for regular reports to keep business development and regional leaders apprised of what the press is saying about us. You’ll primarily be spearheading our games and services communications and planning our events and functions in the region. But you’ll also have to help us navigate through sensitive situations and shape our narrative to avoid crisis. You’ll have to be organized and resourceful, operating across multiple countries, working with agencies and learning how to build internal ties with stakeholders at headquarters to get the resources you need to execute your plans. You’ll work closely with our global PR team and our content team to craft a regional editorial calendar and ensure a robust stream of content that promotes our games and services to the media, influencers and the public. This is a tremendous opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a dynamic, fast-growing business unit. Your ideas and actions can have tremendous visible impact on what we do and how we look around the MENA region. This role is Dubai-based.
- This role is positioned as a Public Relations Business Partner who will formulate partnerships to deliver value-added service to business teams, including global studios and partners
- Deal with print, digital and TV media on a day-to-day basis, shaping our narrative and protecting our reputation across the region. Establish a media-monitoring and reporting system. Develop key opinion leader network across the region and work with the publishing teams and studios to share content with and otherwise develop our MENA games community.
- Work closely with development and publishing teams to provide day-to-day PR support in MENA, as well as for promotions, campaigns and events; regional travel or on-site support will be required, along with establishing ties and working with agencies across the continent
- Work with content team to craft a content calendar and ensure smooth and robust delivery of that content through our owned, earned and paid media channels.
- Engage across internal stakeholder networks to ensure PR strategies are business-relevant and effectively implemented and are budgeted properly
- Actively identify gaps, propose and implement changes necessary to cover potential reputational risks
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- 7+ years' experience in public relations, or a related field
- Languages: Professional fluency in Arabic (speaking, reading & writing) and English required;
- Strong, established relations with media partners and a good understanding of the MENA media landscape – experience in game or tech sector is a plus
- Experience working with overseas firms or overseas headquartered firms is highly preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- This position is based in Dubai
- International relocation available to suitable candidates
- The ability to seamlessly navigate multiple cultures will be an important element in this person’s success