Team Kaiju seeks a Principal 3D Artist with a vision for characters and worlds who can help us build a new world-class IP from concept to market!
We are looking for someone who wants to make fun games to be played and enjoyed for years to come. We are passionate about players and about listening to their feedback to create new, compelling experiences. Are you someone who is engaged with players, understands what keeps them captivated, and cares deeply about gaming as a medium? Are you ready to channel your passion and energy into creating long-lasting fun games for global audiences? If so, then come join us in our ambitious endeavor to create extraordinary games.
- Work closely with the art team to design and create inspiring 3D content that represents the vision and design of the game
- Collaborate directly with Directors in assuring asset quality, project-level visual targets, and style guides for the craft.
- Create AAA 3D art that works within technical constraints and can establish a benchmark of quality for other 3D artists
- Produce and iterate on a variety of assets through all phases of production including in-game blockouts, organic surfaces, hard-surface models, marketing assets, and more to push the boundaries of the craft to industry-leading standards
- Be able to think about your art in the service of the world of a new IP to create assets that will enrich the experience
- Work closely with the Art team to elevate, visualize and evangelize our artistic vision.
- Take an active role in the evolution of the game, working with all disciplines to understand the vision and design for the game and using that experience to inform concept work
- Be an active mentor by training and guiding other artists on the team to improve their craft and deliver top-tier quality content.
- A portfolio of visionary and inspiring 3D work you can show and talk about your ideas to the team
- The ability quickly deliver and iterate on 3D assets as needed by the team
- Take critical feedback and iterate on your work based on the needs of the experience
- Strong traditional art skills
- Experience in supervising outsource studios
- Experience creating style guides and defining workflows
- Experience leading and managing a team of 3D artists on a AAA project is a plus
- Experience creating assets in and shipping a game using Unreal Engine 4 a plus
What is in it for you?
Create blockbuster games with ample resources and support: Bring incredible game ideas to players around the world with the support of one of the most successful studios in the world. We are backed by TiMi Studio Group, who has developed some of the most popular games worldwide.
Develop for global audiences and make an impression on the entire industry: Join Team Kaiju in making games as part of an ambitious, talented, and seasoned team.
Support passionate communities at a global scale: Join a team that cares about players and wants to reward their passion through openness, risk-taking, and novel game design. Help create the next great community of players that connect across borders, backgrounds, and cultures.