Tencent Overseas IT has the mission to empower Tencent’s rapid global growth with future ready, global IT platforms, applications and services. We are chartered to lead the Overseas IT strategy, architecture, roadmap and execution. Satisfying our internal/external customers and becoming a world class global IT team are our top aspirations.
We are currently seeking a passionate IT Director leading the global digital Employee Experience (EE). From Day 1 onboarding to ongoing interactions, IT is at the frontier and provide one of the most important experience for our global employees every day.
Working closely with our Overseas IT, HQ IT, HR, finance and various business teams, this role will play a critical leadership role to design, build and operate a simple, sleek, cohesive digital employee experience, including the necessary applications, tools and processes. We believe this is a critical component to enable Tencent’s rapid employee and business growth in Overseas market, including North America, EU, Middle East and Asia (Except Greater China).
- Establish/lead practical, best in industry, global IT digital employee experience strategy, roadmap and execution
- Lead the EE COE (center of excellence) and rapid solution delivery, as well as ongoing operations
- Establish one of the best, globally managed EE IT platform, services, and collaborative productivity tools, for example but not limited, instant messaging, collaboration, workspace, knowledge management, issue resolution, ticketing etc
- Establish user centric design principle, deeply understand Tencent employee and ecosystem’s needs more than they know themselves, design and offer an outstanding digital experience
- Collaborate with various business and IT teams in NA, EU and Asia, as well HQ teams in China, align the needs and solutions, influence/drive the necessary changes to achieve timely results
- Streamline IT, HR, finance processes and integrate applications to provide the best DAY 1 experience for new Tencent employees, as well as daily experience
- Proactively balance global and local needs to ensure manageability and local user satisfaction
- Define and deliver analytics/metrics to drive and measure the adoption and customer satisfaction
- Develop a continuous improvement program focused on business value, process optimization, cost avoidance, cost reductions and IT “Speed to Market.”
Who we are looking for:
- Self-motivated, articulate, passionate to deliver the best result and achieve the highest customer satisfaction. Quick learner
- Love satisfying customers with a state of art cloud solutions, realizing ideas, building services, and unlocking the potential of new technology!
- Collaborative, independent, insistent, flexible, and open minded. And you see no conflict in any of these things
- Knowledgeable, resourceful and show initiative. You always keep the customer’s objectives in mind
- Positive by nature, a great team player, and both dependable and autonomous.
- Customer oriented and could work at a very fast pace
- Bachelors degree. MS/MBA preferred
- 10+ years of working experience leading IT teams in the areas of digital employee experience or HR/finance applications, in leading Internet or high tech companies
- Demonstrable results in delivering modern, integrated, innovative digital employee experience and cloud-based applications
- 5+ years of experience managing global IT teams and delivering towards global+local business/IT needs
- Good knowledge of IT compliance and global regulations in data security, cyber security, and privacy
- Bilingual (English, Chinese) preferred but not required
Founded in November, 1998, Tencent is a leading provider of Internet value added services in China. Since its establishment, Tencent has maintained steady growth under its user-oriented operating strategies. On June 16, 2004, Tencent Holdings Limited (SEHK 700) went public on the main board of the Hong Kong Stock Exchange. Tencent is focused on bringing high-quality and engaging internet services and entertainment to its users. In China, Tencent is the largest publisher of online games and we work together with world-renown developers such as Activision, Epic Games, Halfbrick Studios, King, and Riot Games.
About Tencent America
Tencent America is the US branch of Tencent, a leading provider of Internet services in China. Among the key areas are investments, gaming, artificial intelligence, cloud services, entertainment, and internet services. Some of our partner companies and brands are WeChat, QQ, Tencent Cloud, Activision, Epic Games, Halfbrick Studios, King, and Riot Games. Our US headquarters is in Palo Alto and we have other offices in New York, Los Angeles and Seattle. Our growth strategy is focused on attracting the best people and creating an amazing work atmosphere that balances the energy of a start-up with the resources of a global innovation leader. As a Chinese company which is pursuing new markets and growing rapidly in the US, we maintain an entrepreneurial spirit and open mindset. If you are eager to do groundbreaking work in a friendly, cross-cultural environment, we can provide unparalleled stability, resources, access to more than a billion users, and an international perspective. If you, like us, are ambitious and self-driven, we invite you to explore Tencent America. Come join us and explore the power of human connection!