Tencent is a leading global technology company focused on connecting people and applying technology for good. We are one of the world’s most valuable companies, a top 5 global Internet company and a leader across many markets and industries, including communications and social media, games, online entertainment and mobile payments.
We are currently looking for a Legal Counsel, General Corporate Affairs, to join our team in Amsterdam. As part of our team in Amsterdam you will work with and gain exposure to matters related to Tencent's operations in Europe - and work with the wider international legal team based across the globe.
- Join a growing legal team based in the Netherlands to support the Company’s expansion in Europe
- Advise on compliance across all aspects of general corporate laws and payments laws and regulations, including license requirements, in Europe
- Manage outside counsel for projects
- Draft, review, negotiate and administer legal and commercial documentations
- Keep the business teams abreast of all new relevant laws and regulations that may have implications for the Company
- Qualified lawyer with at least 3 years PQE, admitted to practice in (at least one) European jurisdiction
- Must have experience in dealing with issues relating to at least several of the following relevant areas: Employment laws, Fintech matters in Europe (e.g. PSD2/EMI/Banking licenses), telecommunication (cloud) matters, corporate law matters, general commercial contracting
- Experience dealing with relevant regulators/authorities preferred
- Interest in Fintech
- Team player and can handle projects independently
- Excellent problem solving, analytical and organizational skills
- Proactive approach and able to handle matters independently
- Sound interpersonal and communication skills
Excellent written and spoken English, ability to communicate effectively in Mandarin or other European languages are a plus.