About Tencent Games
Tencent Games was launched in 2003 and is now the largest gaming company in the world, achieving game-related revenues of $29.3 billion in 2020. As a leading global organization for game development, publishing and operations, we are dedicated to providing high-quality interactive entertainment experiences to players and currently offer more than 140 games including PUBG MOBILE, Call of Duty Mobile, and League of Legends to hundreds of millions of players across more than 200 countries and regions. Tencent Games offers talented individuals the opportunity to help shape and build something unique within the gaming industry as a whole.
About the Role
The Head of User Growth, Western Europe will have the opportunity to lead the growth for Arena of Valor, a global MOBA game on mobile platforms, throughout the region and across all aspects of the business.
The Head of User Growth, Western Europe will build and operationalize a cross-functional team comprising expertise in marketing, community management, broadcasting, eSports, forecasting, brand partnerships, business development, operations, and player insights. An insight-driven approach combined with the deployment of agile & iterative programs into the marketplace will be essential to achieve the significant business growth goals.
· Ongoing translation of commercial goals into a specific publishing plan for Western Europe, building the roadmap & programmes for driving AoV franchise growth, establishing clear KPIs and mobilizing a team around a clear vision.
· Oversee the design and delivery of high-impact consumer campaigns, tailored to the needs of each market.
· Lead the AoV relationships with major mobile platform operators in the region.
· Ensure that player insights are effectively translated into actionable insights for the central studio and regional marketing team to continue driving growth.
· Lead the investment phasing and prioritization of marketing budgets across the region.
· Lead the re-forecasting of the Western European AoV business, identifying under/over performance and developing appropriate growth strategies.
· Establish local language social media channels and shape the content strategy to build and sustain an active community of players & fans.
· Establish brand partnership programs to extend the reach and relevance of the brand.
· Sharing knowledge and best practices with other regional teams around the world to align the prioritization of cultural adaptations to the game.
Essential Skills & Experience
· Bachelor's degree or above.
· At least 8 years of working experience in video game publishing, of which a significant time has been spent within the mobile games sector.
· Experience across multiple aspects of the go-to-market process for mobile games publishing
· Demonstrable experience and in-depth understanding of the MOBA genre within the mobile gaming
· A strategic thinker with the ability to conceptualize broadly across various solutions, whilst also enjoying operating in a hands-on capacity
· Passionate, committed, self-starter with high levels of initiative, energy, ownership, and urgency
· Strong influencing skills and the ability to effectively engage with a wide variety of stakeholders.
· Proactive and approachable personality with experience leading high-performing teams in a dynamic environment
· Track record of success in launching multiple titles within EMEA and/or a major European market.
· Demonstrable track record of operating with vision, flexibility, and tenacity.
· Able to work under pressure and find solutions to multiple and varying needs.
· A passion for gaming.
· Valid passport and ability to travel regularly to central London.