Tencent is a leading global technology company focused on connecting people and applying technology for good. We are one of the world’s most valuable companies, a top 5 global Internet company and a leader across many markets and industries, including communications and social media, games, online entertainment and mobile payments.
We are seeking a Head of Corporate Communications for Europe. This role will drive the development and implementation of a focused communication strategy to develop and share Tencent’s story, working closely with senior leaders and business groups to increase awareness and understanding of the company, its businesses, and key initiatives in Europe.
We are looking for a dynamic team player with exceptional writing and critical thinking skills as well as the ability to work cross-functionally within a broader global public affairs & communications team. The ideal candidate will bring a clear understanding of the media and technology landscape, strong research and problem-solving skills, creative thinking, project management expertise, a global mindset and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, multi-cultural environment.
As a member of the Global Public Affairs & Communication team, you will work across the organization to communicate with journalists and other thought leaders; create communications materials and campaigns; engage commentators and other opinion leaders and develop print and web-based materials to support communications.
This role will work closely with the Global Communications team to protect and promote the Tencent brand by implementing key corporate initiatives in Europe, helping to manage corporate reputation and response to key issues.
It's our job to help inform and educate users, partners, opinion leaders--and our own employees about Tencent, our business, our unique company culture/values, and our approach to the big public policy issues of the day. To succeed, you'll combine creativity with organizational skills to manage multiple projects with tight deadlines simultaneously, as well as enjoy pitching to journalists, bloggers and commentators, or producing communications and events.
Our growth strategy is built upon attracting the best people and creating an amazing work atmosphere that balances the energy of a start-up with the resources of a global innovation leader. As a company which is pursuing new markets and growing rapidly, we maintain an entrepreneurial spirit and an open mindset.
- 10+ years of experience in managing an active and dynamic media, communications program.
- Experience working for or with a global organization in a corporate communications roles
- Communications experience related to public policy or government preferred
- Superb writing and editing skills
- Experience blending traditional communications tactics with digital media
- Extensive knowledge of and network in Europe
- Exceptional project management skills and the ability to structure and manage multiple initiatives simultaneously and drive to completion, often with short deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to counsel executives, provide an informed point of view and defend that position as needed.
- Willingness to roll-up sleeves and get the work, big and small, done
- Proven ability to think ahead, engage proactively and take initiative
- Self-starter, strong problem solver and project owner
- Highly collaborative with exceptional interpersonal and relationship-building skills