- Provide specialist payments legal advice and subject matter resources required to support the business；
- Advise on compliance across all aspects of general corporate laws and payments laws and regulations, including license requirements, in Japan；
- Manage outside counsel for projects；
- Draft, review, negotiate and administer legal and commercial documentations；
- Keep the business teams abreast of all new relevant laws and regulations that may have implications for the Company.
- Japanese or common law qualified lawyer with at least 4 years PQE；
- Must have experience in dealing with issues relating to FinTech and payments matters in Japan (eg FBTO license)；
- Experience dealing with relevant regulators/authorities required；
- Interest in FinTech；
- Team player and can handle projects independently；
- Excellent problem solving, analytical and organizational skills；
- Proactive approach and able to handle matters independently；
- Sound interpersonal and communication skills；
- Excellent written and spoken Japanese and English, ability to communicate effectively in Mandarin is a plus.