Tencent Games is seeking a communications professional in Japan to lead our efforts to heighten our profile and tell our stories in an exciting, fast-moving market for games. We need someone passionate, experienced and well-connected with media, bloggers and key opinion leaders in this highly specialized market. Your instincts and skill set with product promotions and media relations must be impeccable. And you’ll have to be diplomatic in managing numerous internal stakeholders across different business teams and demonstrate a record of being unflappable under pressure. This is a job that requires someone with high energy and independent, out-of-the-box thinking who can communicate vision and ideas and turn them into actionable strategy.
- This role is positioned as a PRBP (Public Relations Business Partner) who will formulates partnerships across the PR function to deliver value-added service to business teams
- Work closely with business teams and provide day-to-day PR support in Japan
- Engage across internal stakeholder network to ensure PR strategies are business-relevant and effectively implemented
- Actively identifies gaps, proposes and implement changes necessary to cover potential risks
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- 7+ years' experience in public relations, or a related field
- Languages: Professional fluency in Japanese and English required
- Strong, established relations with media partners and a good understanding of the Japan media landscape – experience in game or tech sector is a plus
- Experience working with overseas firms or overseas headquartered firms is highly preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in a relevant discipline (Journalism, Communications, Business, Public Policy, etc.)
- This position is based in Tokyo, Japan.
- International relocation available to suitable candidates.
- Cultural alignment will be an important element in this person’s success