We are setting up a new R&D cell to focus on improving the state-of-art of animation technology for our upcoming titles. This includes developing techniques for the in-game runtime, targeting improved fidelity, compression, motion synthesis, as well as animation production time tooling and techniques.
- Researching as well as implementing novel, or improvements to state of art, animation techniques for use in upcomings games or as part of the production of same
- Stay up to date with current research in the domain of real-time animation in the context of computer games
- Collaborating with other Tencent teams and studios to ensure that the techniques being developed are useful in upcoming titles and on current and next generation hardware platforms
- Solid experience with modern animation programming techniques, for example multi-joint IK, motion matching, motion fields, animation compression, etc.
- Experience with debugging, profiling, and optimizing CPU code
- Understanding of related topics: animator workflows, mocap data cleaning, skinning techniques, game character/NPC locomotion, …
- Experience with shipped games
- Experience working with Unreal, Unity, or comparable in-house engines
- Experience with streaming systems and/or open-world games
- Console optimization and debugging experience
- MSc or PhD in a relevant area