We are looking for a graphics expert to join our R&D team. The aim is to research and develop graphics/rendering techniques with a solid eye towards being usable in future games. In particular, we are looking for techniques for large scale rendering, dynamic direct and indirect lighting, procedural geometry construction, dynamic destruction, and general improvements to fidelity or performance.
If you are interested in pushing the boundaries of graphics in large-scale, dynamic worlds, apply now!
- Researching as well as implementing novel, or improvements to state of art, graphics techniques for use in upcomings games or as part of the production of same
- Stay up to date with current research in the domain of real-time computer graphics and games
- Collaborating with other Tencent teams and studios to ensure techniques are useful in upcoming titles and on current and next generation hardware platforms
- Very solid experience with modern GPU programming using DX12, Vulkan, console APIs, or equivalent APIs
- Experience with the use of compute shaders and, preferably, ray-tracing and mesh shaders
- Hands-on experience with implementing modern GPU techniques such as temporal anti-aliasing, volumetric effects, shadowing techniques, or similar
- Experience with debugging, profiling, and optimizing code on both CPU and GPU
- Strong familiarity with modern C++ multi-threaded programming.
- Experience with shipped games
- Experience working with Unreal, Unity, or comparable in-house engines
- Experience with streaming systems and/or open-world games
- Console optimization and debugging experience
- MSc or PhD in a relevant area