Kaiju Studio seeks a talented Design Director who can help us build the next blockbuster game for gaming communities around the world.
We are looking for a confident leader who wants to make fun games to be played and enjoyed for years to come. The team is passionate about players and listening to their feedback to create new, compelling experiences. Are you a design director who is engaged with players, understands what keeps them engaged and cares deeply about gaming as a medium? Are you ready to channel your passion and energy into creating long-lasting fun games for global audiences? Then, come join us on our ambitious endeavor to create extraordinary games.
- Start with a player-first mentality, embedding an obsessive drive to know, understand, and serve the players who are engaged with the game
- Work with the team to develop and manage a design vision and production plan capable of delivering upon the promise of the game
- Obsessively direct the intrinsic core gameplay to ensure that is fun, visceral, and addictive, and oversee the extrinsic metagame design to provide the mechanisms necessary to keep players coming back for more
- Keep up to date with the bleeding edge of design trends within video game development and evangelize solutions that will innovate both the player experience and the creative development of the product
- Participate in the hiring of the entire design discipline
- Responsible for the career growth and mentorship of the design discipline on the project
- Act as the key design contact for the studio, representing the project and team to all external partners and stakeholders
- Define and uphold design principles to ensure the design of the game is cohesive, systemic, and fun
- Work side-by-side with all directors and leads to take a multi-discipline approach to creativity and problem solving
- Proactively identify opportunities and risks to improve the work of the team, the quality of the project, and studio knowledge as a whole
- Have a cross platform mindset up front and ensure that design can support an experience that can work seamlessly on different platforms and form factors
- Ensure that the design of the game starts with a Live product philosophy, capable of regular updates and malleable to key design changes if necessary
- A portfolio of visionary, inspiring, industry-leading design that you can talk to at depth and explain how your personal creative process was key in its development
- At least eight years of professional AAA game development experience
- At least two projects shipped in a leadership position
- At least two AAA action titles shipped, one during the current generation of games (PS4/XBOX ONE)
- Demonstrable, outstanding management and communication capabilities
- Proven ability to define and manage the design vision and roadmap for large scale projects
- Expert action game experience and knowledge, preferably within the FPS genre
- A team player who knows how to get the best out of everyone on the project and not just within design
- Experience prototyping in and shipping a game using Unreal Engine 4 a plus
What is in it for you?
Create blockbuster games with ample resources and support: Bring incredible game ideas to players around the world with the support of one of the most successful studios in the world. We are backed by TiMi Studio Group, who has developed some of the most popular games worldwide.
Develop for global audiences and make an impression on the entire industry: Join Team Kaiju in making games as part of an ambitious, talented, and seasoned team.
Support passionate communities at a global scale: Join a team that cares about players and wants to reward their passion through openness, risk-taking, and novel game design. Help create the next great community of players that connect across borders, backgrounds, and cultures.