Team Kaiju seeks a Player Input Game Designer who can help us build the next blockbuster game for gaming communities around the world.
We are looking for someone who wants to make fun games to be played and enjoyed for years to come. We are passionate about players and about listening to their feedback to create new, compelling experiences. Are you someone who is engaged with players, understands what keeps them captivated, and cares deeply about gaming as a medium? Are you ready to channel your passion and energy into creating long-lasting fun games for global audiences? Then, come join us in our ambitious endeavor to create extraordinary games.
- Start with a player first mentality, embedding an obsessive drive to know, understand, and serve the players who are engaged with the game
- Set direction for player character, camera and controls for the game
- Drive design for a variety of gameplay mechanics for the project
- Craft player controls and input that are accessible and fun for the player
- Work collaboratively with a multidisciplinary team to create gameplay features
- Define and uphold design principles to ensure the design of the game is cohesive, systemic, and fun
- Evangelize and communicate the design of the game to the team on a regular basis
- A demonstrable history of creating industry-leading design
- A deep understanding of low level design craft that leads to play experiences that are both immediately accessible and have depth
- Ability to quickly prototype and iterate in collaboration with others.
- Self-directed, taking initiative to drive progress.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Experience designing and tuning action gameplay mechanics in live products
- Strong knowledge of the low level systems and tuning needed to deliver great gunplay
- Professional games shipped using the Unreal engine
What is in it for you?
Create blockbuster games with ample resources and support: Bring incredible game ideas to players around the world with the support of one of the most successful studios in the world. We are backed by TiMi Studio Group, who has developed some of the most popular games worldwide.
Develop for global audiences and make an impression on the entire industry: Join Team Kaiju in making games as part of an ambitious, talented, and seasoned team.
Support passionate communities at a global scale: Join a team that cares about players and wants to reward their passion through openness, risk-taking, and novel game design. Help create the next great community of players that connect across borders, backgrounds, and cultures.