About Tencent Games Global Publishing Technology
Tencent Games Global Publishing Technology Centre (PTC) builds the leading platforms for game development, publishing and operation. In Publishing TechnologyPTC, we aim to improve our games and transform the gaming industry and solve the toughest challenges in gaming through technology. As the world’s leading technology company, we maintain an entrepreneurial spirit and an open mindset.
We hire the brightest minds from around the world. If you are passionate about the gaming industry and would like to work on groundbreaking projects in a friendly and diversified environment, we invite you to explore PTCPublishing Technology and take on challenges that will create new adventures for billions of players.
Come join us and explore the opportunities of data-driven gaming.
About The Job
As the Director of Data Science, you have the opportunity to lead a highly skilled team who are key to building data and intelligence into game R&D, live-ops and marketing processes for Tencent's global games. You will define the vision and technical strategy, as well as to identify opportunities and drive collaborations to improve game production efficiency and player experience. By inspiring and providing technical guidance to a growing team of data scientists/ML engineers, you will explore these new areas of AI application and drive the technical strategy for helping Tencent Games improve various user experiences. You will build a compelling vision and technical strategy by partnering with senior game producers, live-ops teams and senior technical leaders.
Please contact the Recruiter to learn more about the hiring process.
- Manage a highly skilled data science team to mine through data to identify data-driven opportunities in gaming.
- Lead the team to work with large datasets and apply advanced analytic methods to solve challenging problems.
- Establish scalable, efficient, automated processes for large-scale data analysis, machine-learning model development, validation and serving.
- Provide actionable business insights to multiple levels of stakeholders.
- Interact cross-functionally with leaders and teams from various departments, and work closely with Engineering and Product leadership.
- MS/PhD degree in a quantitative field - Computer Science, Operational Research, Statistics, Economics or related fields
- Strong technical depth in data science and machine learning - 8+ years as a hands-on practitioner performing big data analysis and developing machine learning models for production use cases, preferably within gaming, internet, technology or mobile.
- Proven track record leading Data Science and ML product development: 5+ years of experience managing teams to deliver AI/ML products.
- Expertise in at least one of the following areas: Deep Learning, Reinforcement Learning, Statistical Analysis, NLP, Computer Vision, Recommendation System, Big Data technologies, and any otherData Science related domains.
- Able to understand complex subjects clearly and proposing actionable data-driven solutions to them.
- Strong business acumen and communication skills. Able toexplain complex problems coherently to non-domain experts.
- Experience with the gaming industry is a big plus.
- 10+ years as performing big data analysis and developing machine learning models, preferably in the gaming industry.
- 8+ years of experience managing, coaching and growing sizable teams (>20) of highly skilled data scientists/ML engineers.
- Strong programming skills in Python, SQL, Scala, Java, C++ or related language;
- Experience with Big Data technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, Pig, Hive, etc.